T03-8m - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Trent
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
T03-8m

I just came across a "T03-8m" USSR .22 in a pawn shop. Obviously a target model singleshot.

Is this a TOZ?? It's the first Russian/USSR rifle that I've ever looked at. They were asking $100 for it.

The symbol stamped on the barrel looked like a big A, with a C and a T all mixed together in a logo.

Anyone know what I was looking at?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm gathering from the internet that this is in fact a TOZ-8M single shot target rifle.

Back to my search for info.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:11 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ТОЗ-8 & ТОЗ-8М

TOZ-8 and TOZ-8M and Sports rifle TOZ-8M
(ТОЗ-8 & ТОЗ-8М)

Quote:
Odnozaryadnaya rifle rifle TOZ-8

Coaching small calibre rifle cartridge type under 5.6 mm x16 ring ignition. Old 1932-1946 he was the athletic model. Designed for basic training athletes, but for a large period of time successfully used hunter-promyslovikami (TOZ-8M) Thanks to the exact battle, simplicity and reliability of the device.

ТОЗ-8. TOZ-8. Odnozaryadnaya sports rifle construction DM Kochetova with shock-trigger mechanism udarnikovogo type of cartridge ring ignition 5.6 x16 mm calibre of lead bullets weighing 2.6 y. cylindrical length of 600-640 mm thick and more severe than the previous models. Receiver box from the rear side closed lid, fly with elongated cylindrical base. . Closure longitudinally-rolling, locking the rotation made his stem. The front part of the closure with a reduced diameter nasazhennoy clutch, povorachivayuscheysya after rotations slide. Fuse is absent. Birch Couch is widely utolschennoe forearm and neck pistola forms. Weight 3-4 kg.

TOZ-8M. Tula In 1934 the factory produced weapons-rifle model rifle 8 A. Caliber, cartridge and trunk are the same as for the previous model. This compares favourably with the rifle TOZ-8 sector improved sight type, permitting fast and accurate installation height. Mushka provided with a circumferential namushnikom. Closure of small diameter and without sleeves, he advanced shutter rifles previous model, because it does not provide a breakthrough gas ago, but also convenient at zaryazhanii. Loja - with a significantly thickened forearm. Heavier than the previous model rifle.
(Machine Translation)

Last edited by aom22; 03-15-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Add Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 02:00 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Photos from radom1935

Russian TOZ 8M Training Rifle
Photos by radom1935

Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Trent

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm tempted to buy it at $85, and then fabricate a custom stock for it. (keeping the original stock too).

I wonder what it would look like in a nice varmint thumbhole or fancy sporter stock.