Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
f.2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

How do I get the sear spring out - punch the pin out from the left / right then it drops out?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:47 AM
SalBO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
either direction will work.......good luck
Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If you go left to right, you may be able to leave the safety click plate in place. Not a big deal either way though..............chim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Moore.98
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finished up the trigger job on my BM Contour Lite yesterday. Big difference in the feel to the gun now, I'm alot happier shooting it now. Thanks to everyone that posted pics and verbal how-to's...special thanks to Chim for the step by step breakdown pics. I was getting real sour trying to put the grips back on and keep everyhting in place at the same time.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 AM
f.2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wanted to try to just reverse the spring and did so, but how do you get the short end to tuck back into the rear of the frame like in the picture below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heggis View Post
I thought I reversed the spring, and it looks exactly like the photo on the left labeled Original, with the short end sticking up and on the "left" side of the pistol - just like the "Original" photo below. I assembled the Buck Mark (with the spring sticking up) and it still functions - did a function check - cycle slide, pull trigger (hammer falls) and hold trigger (do not release), cycle slide, release trigger and sear engages, pull trigger again and hammer falls.

So do you'all think my Buck Mark will work at the range?

I have a new Camper and the insides don't look exactly like some of the photos.

Quote:

The long end of the spring always goes to the V-shaped slot in the sear and the short one towards the rear. On the left you can see how the factory spring is in place (I didnt bother to put the short end in to its place...). the red arrow points which is the long end of the spring. And on the right you can see from which side the long end comes in the lightened version.

It was so long ago that I bended the first one I had and when I ordered a replacement spring, it was without bends. I didn't bend the replacement at all since I wanted to see how it works without bending and it worked great. The bends are only to get the spring to have less pressure on it. But there is a limit how much you can lighten it. Basically just turning it over () is the trick that makes the biggest difference.

There are no stupid questions, better ask than be sorry later

Last edited by f.2; 06-23-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Mojoski

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The spring should not be sticking up when you get it done. Heggis just left it that way when he took the picture so he wouldn't have to go through the trouble of putting it all the way back in with a bunch of tension..

I have a camper as well, and when you get done it should look like the one that says "lightened" with neither end of the spring sticking out.

Hope this helps.

Mojo
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I'll do a step by step instruction, maybe it helps.

Okay this is what we start with

First push the pin out to get the spring out

Then pull the spring out with pliers

This is the way it's originally there

And this is the way we want it to be...

Now I use the punch to help to get the spring back in place. (dangit out of focus)

First the long end goes down

Now keep the punch in place and use the pliers to get the short end where it belongs

Position the punch over the pin hole

Then slowly pull the punch out Don't pull it completely out. Let the other end to lower to the point where you can insert the pin.

Last edited by Heggis; 10-12-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now push the pin while at the same time pull the punch out.

Now pull the punch completely out while keeping pressure on the pin.

You can help the spring up with pliers and the pin will go back into its place nicely

Now just check that the long end is in the V-groove of the sear and then time to test it
Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
f.2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good job with the step by step Heggis - thanks!

I actually got to that point, using the pin instead of the punch you used, to hold the spring and inserting the longer portion before the shorter. I got it in twice but the hammer was then frozen, so I must have done something wrong.

I'll try it again.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just check that the long end is in the V groove, if it goes somewhere else it might get stuck somewhere... Been there done that etc Just use the pliers to move the long end around it wont hurt the spring that much.

The punch is easier when dealing with the "full" power spring.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
f.2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got it in there but the trigger pull was very heavy. Too heavy. I took the short end "out" and left it that way at the range and every 10 round mag of cci sv I had one "double" and one failure to engage the sear. Trigger pull is very light though.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 AM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which way do you have the spring in there? Factory or lightened? Can you take pictures of your spring?

Those failures are due to leaving the short end of the spring up. The spring doesn't have enough power to engage the sear fast enough etc. Also while leaving the spring up it will get between slide and body and can do damage there, get stuck etc. Please don't ruin your gun and shoot with it not in the slot.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:53 AM
f.2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Which way do you have the spring in there? Factory or lightened? Can you take pictures of your spring?

Those failures are due to leaving the short end of the spring up. The spring doesn't have enough power to engage the sear fast enough etc. Also while leaving the spring up it will get between slide and body and can do damage there, get stuck etc. Please don't ruin your gun and shoot with it not in the slot.
I put it in reversed - lightened. The trigger pull was very heavy as I said, so I may need to move that longer spring around to get it seated in there like you suggested.

Don't plan on shooting it again with the spring out. The spring looks like your pictures - before the bends. Relooked at your pics and I still can't figure out where to bend it though.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 AM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bends are not necessary. Atleast not always The point of the bends are that the long end of the sear spring doesn't contact the sear until from the V-groove. If it touches from the upper part of the sear it won't have enough power to engage the sear fast enough. Bends in the short are just to make it fit the back slot better and to adjust the amount of pressure the spring has. The long ones bends affect this too though.

My current springs legs are straight if you look it from the side. -> Picture. And it just fits in there without any bends. And with that the triggerpull is 2,6lbs.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
f.2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got it in there no problem. I have no idea what the trigger pull is though.

Anyone want to loan their gauge?

Quote:
The bends are not necessary. Atleast not always The point of the bends are that the long end of the sear spring doesn't contact the sear until from the V-groove. If it touches from the upper part of the sear it won't have enough power to engage the sear fast enough. Bends in the short are just to make it fit the back slot better and to adjust the amount of pressure the spring has. The long ones bends affect this too though.

My current springs legs are straight if you look it from the side. -> Picture. And it just fits in there without any bends. And with that the triggerpull is 2,6lbs.