Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Nerdlestein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CM-2 accessories and compatibility

My local club's rifle team shoots free rifle, and I am thinking of joining. I eventually want to get an Anschutz or Feinwerkbau free rifle, but the budget will be pushing that plan back for a while, barring any fantastic used deals. I keep getting drawn back to the CM-2, since it offers so much for so little.

My question is, are there accessories available for the CM-2, and is it compatible with standard Anschutz or other European gun accessories? I'm specifically thinking of palm rests, hand stops, sights, sight inserts and irises.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Nerdlestein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Come come, I can't be the only one looking for a cheap free rifle (I'm hoping that a "cheap free rifle" is not an oxymoron)
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Nerdlestein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Third time's the charm? Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Travelor
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to Travelor
Measure the rail under the stock and call: www.champchoice.com/shop.php
Old 11-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
The CM-2 comes with all the accessories you will need. While the sights are very good they don't accept the Gehman adjustable irises and as of yet I'm not aware of any threaded adaptors that are made for the sights. the rail is not the same size as the anschutz so if you want to use a better handstop you will need to replace the rail with one from champchoice. All that said, the rifle is extremely shootable as is. You can send your rifle to champchoice or several other places to have the stock modified to have an adjustable comb. I'm not sure but I don't think the available bloop tubes are sized for the Izmash barrel, but again the rifle is so accurate that there isn't really much to complain about when shooting the box stock CM-2.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Ron V.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought one a few weeks ago (with a Biath Basic) due mainly to see if it is a good deal for the price or not. To summarize, do not expect Anschütz or Feinwerkbau (planning on getting one of those early next year) quality or finish as the price would suggest. Do not even expect CZ quality or finish. The gun os very rough. A lot of the parts, including the rear sight, are hand built and finished. Everything was wrapped in rust inhibitor paper and the extra sight inserts were very oily in a clear plastic plastic bag (very oily implying probably very succeptable to rust).

That being said, the gun seems to have potential. Shoots very well with the iron sights provided. Action was stiff at first (as with many other guns) but should smooth out after awhile. Haven't measured the rail to see if it is UIT or Freeland but attachments for those should work. The small handstop/sling loop I got from Champion Shooters fit when I tried it out.Adjustable buttplate and trigger. As noted above, the receiver rail is much narrower than US and Western Euro standards. Haven't tried to see what would fit it in terms of adapters.

In short, for under $500 a pretty good starter competition gun.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
While it's true that the CM-2 lacks the aesthetics of the other rifles, when it comes to function you are not sacrificing anything. When I'm having a god day shooting and I've been able to practice I've been able to shoot as well or better than my peers (meaning other shooters in my classification) who are shooting Annies. Good ammo and practice and this rifle will serve you well.