Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What extended magazine release for TCA TCR22

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gasguy 
#1 ·
Will the 1022 extended release work for my Thompson Center TCR22 Altamont Performance Center? I saw somewhere a shorter release that didn't go but half way on the trigger guard. I don't want one that goes to the very back of the trigger guard that can accidentally released easily. Thanks in advance.

#4 · (Edited)
My Ruger Target model had a nice extended mag release on it from Ruger. It only extended around the front part of the trigger guard to the front part of the bottom of the trigger guard. But it had a slight flare out (left and right side) on the curve at the bottom of the front part of the trigger guard. It was easy to use your trigger finger to push the flare out on either the right or left side (depending on if you are right or left handed) of the mag release and the mag would just fall out.

#5 ·
You can look at

NDZ
Tactical Solutions
tacticool 22

for mag releases.

Tacticool 22 actually lists a TCR 22 release.
The other two show releases for 10/22 but I have found that some fit on the TCR with no issues, and some require a little dremel work to fit.
Plastic ones can be warmed up to fit the trigger shape if going with the long style. Metal can be bent to fit if your lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.