Bscar 2-stage trigger-Shooter 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:38 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Bscar 2-stage trigger-Shooter 2

A lot of you probably saw a thread from A-Rob a week or so ago regarding Bscar's 2 stage trigger for the 455. A-Rob and I were both lucky enough to have been chosen to beta test Bscar's trigger. I consider myself very lucky and would like to publicly thank Bscar for considering me. I'd also like to apologize to Bscar for the length of time it has taken for me to write about the trigger. My work schedule has prevented me from being able to get to the range like I had hoped.

Now, for a little background info.. I own a Fly trigger. It is the only comparison that I personally have for Bscar's trigger. To be honest, there is no comparison to the two triggers! With Bscar's trigger, there is a definite wall that does not exist with the Fly. The Fly feels like you have about 3/8" of takeup and then it goes bang. There is no hint of when it will break. The Bscar trigger has a nice, smooth resetable first stage if you take your finger off the trigger. Once you get through the first stage you come to the wall. It is definite and unmistakable! There is no guessing if you are there! A little more pressure, and it breaks like proverbial glass!

In the PRS style competitions, a 2 stage trigger can be a big advantage. That feeling of pulling through the first stage to the wall lets you know that you are about to go bang. It acts like a warning system if your finger accidentally slips onto the trigger, giving you time to react and let off the trigger before it breaks. I have zeroed a stage due to not having that warning and accidently discharging prior to the buzzer!

I loaned my test trigger to a good friend and NRL22 competitor yesterday. He normally finishes top 5. Yesterday, he finished in second place, just 3 points out of first. The guy he came in second to is very talented and usually finishes around 50 pts ahead of 2nd. Was it the trigger? According to my friend, "the trigger was AWESOME!" He wished me luck getting it back! Time will tell if it was a fluke, but the important thing is this.. And this is just my experience.. In order to compete well in these or any other competitions, you need to have extreme confidence in your rifle, equipment and ammo. Having THAT confidence allows the shooter to relax and concentrate on themselves, conditions, COF, etc. The slightest question on any part of that can cost you points due to thinking about anything other than your job as a shooter. In talking to my friend, Bscar's trigger was a big factor in his confidence level.

The trigger ran flawlessly for myself and my friend. What more can I say there? It's a fantastic 2 stage trigger for the 455 platform. All I need to worry about now is if I will ever see it again! And when I do, which friend do I trust to let play with it next!?

Thank you Bscar! You've designed and built a fantastic trigger!
Old 01-20-2019, 02:11 PM
A-Rob
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm glad to hear of the results in a competitive situation. I wish there were some NRL22 matches anywhere near me so I could try mine out like that. It's kind of like owning a sports car but only having dirt roads within a hundred miles, lol. I really hope BScar offers these for sale. I also want to thank him publicly for trusting two folks from the internet to test his amazing creation.

Did your friend believe there would be a good market among CZ shooters? I know everyone wants a 457 but, as of now, it has no 2-stage trigger or chassis options available. Frankly, with this trigger I really don't have a desire to upgrade anymore.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:18 PM
BScar
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hey Rick & A-Rob, thanks for the kind words. I am extremely happy that the trigger performed well. Rick tell your friend congratulations on his 2nd place finish. I hope that you get your trigger back.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:19 PM
EddieE

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A-Rob, if this trigger becomes available, there are plenty of 455s that are being used all over the place. I bet most would opt for it vs. the new flavor of the month gun. Companies always come out with new things (as they should) and want us to plop down $ for them. I think most that have as much invested in their 455s as we do (barrels, glass bedding, chassis, etc) aren't going to switch just because they want the new gun. While I really like the new safety mechanism on the 457, I don't see myself changing to one. I personally would get a trigger + the Lilja if I were staying with CZ. No desire for the 457, would rather spend $ on the lilja and trigger.

Last edited by EddieE; 01-20-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScar View Post
Hey Rick & A-Rob, thanks for the kind words. I am extremely happy that the trigger performed well. Rick tell your friend congratulations on his 2nd place finish. I hope that you get your trigger back.
I hope I get it back too! I have a few more friends that want to try it out.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Iain

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excuse me butting in guys but BScar....... if/when you get round to pushing these out in quantity, please don't forget us poor Brits

Judging from the words already given from RickBaum & A-Rob, this is going to be extremely popular and a lot of CZ owners over here would happily sell Grandma/Wife/Sister/body parts (or any combination thereof) to get our hands on a decent 2 stage

It's good to see someone taking the time to produce something that receives such good words straight away. Well done

Iain
Old 01-21-2019, 02:58 PM
EddieE

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sounds like a winner and good competition for the others on the market (Timney)
Old 01-21-2019, 03:16 PM
HyFiveGuns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking forward to a broader release. I would love a two stage for my 455ís.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Update..

I just got off the phone with my friend, referenced in my original post as the shooter who took first place in the match.. He likes a nice 2-stage trigger as well, and he had nothing but nice things to say about the trigger. He has owned a Fly trigger and said that there is no comparison between it and the Bscar trigger. He reitterated my statement about the Fly having no wall in comparison.

Now if Mr. Bscar can only "mass produce" these and, from the sounds of things, ship them overseas.

BTW.. I can't remember if I said anything about the installation in my OP.. First of all Bscar preset the stages to my requested specs.. When I installed it, I maybe had 20 minutes of time invested start to finish and I was ready to shoot. Oh, the way Bscar packaged it for shipment was top notch. There wasn't any way short of being run over by a truck that the trigger would have arrived damaged. Everything about my experience with Bscar and his trigger has been first class.. Or, as some folks might say.. "Cracking, Brilliant or Capital"!
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 PM
newbie2

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I know little about export / import other than it can be a PITA, especially for firearms and related items.

Would it be practical to incorporate, patent the trigger and then license it to someone overseas to build it there. As the originator you could collect a royalty.

Or something like that.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:27 AM
jradz3829
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Bscar the trigger looks and sounds great from all of the posts I read. If this trigger is ever produced for the public, I would love to get one to replace the Mr.Fly in my silhouette rifle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 05:05 PM
JHBearbait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bscar trigger

Got mine today (#12, I believe) and got it installed. Works GREAT! Bill asked me what I would like to have each stage set at and I have him 4 oz for the first stage and 12 for the second. WONDERFUL! Of course, being a complete idiot, I growled about the trigger not fitting into the metal support under the floorplate, so I spent two hours working on filing this to fit. Finally gave up and cut it in half. Now it fits just fine. THEN I looked at all the stuff he included with the trigger. Sigh..... He had included one that is a perfect fit, along with several other trigger springs.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any chance this new trigger will work in a 457? I'm not totally unhappy with the trigger that came on my 457 American, but it's picky about how light I can go with it. Go just a tad too light, and it won't stay cocked as the bolt's closed. Looks like mine will need to be set at 1.8lbs or heavier to be safe & reliable. I'm used to shooting my CF rifles with 1lb Jewells, and V-22 22RF repeaters with TT Diamond triggers at 11-12 oz.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Viking343

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a BScar trigger for sale. I couldn't resist the lure of the 457, and ordered one today. My 455 is going in on trade, but the factory trigger is going back in before that happens. PM me for details.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk