Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 PM
VAROSEBUD
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I am wondering the samething??
Old 06-11-2018, 02:06 AM
doubs43
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just my opinion but I think Classic Firearms has overpriced the rifles... badly. $500 for a rifle in "good" condition is no bargain.

I suppose if you collect .22 training rifles and don't have one, it may interest you.

It hasn't been that long ago that the Polish Wilfema Wz-78 .22 training rifles came in. They were new or like new and sold for less than $300. With a total of 3 magazines, mine, new, cost $316 total.

Again, that's just my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2018, 09:20 AM
jpw062

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I lost interest when I saw the price. I collect trainers, but prefer those that closely match the issued rifle. At $500 it is off my radar. Not abnormal for dealers to start high and work their way down on something rare like this, so they may drop significantly before they dissapear.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 09:26 AM
kaynine

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Everyone has an opinion; however, I have one actually based on acquiring one of these rifles and having the opportunity to actually examine it in detail. Also, comparing the cost of these rifles at Classic to the cost of the Polish WZ 78 six years ago, is not a fair or legit comparison IMHO. A better comparison would be to go to GB COMPLETED AUCTIONS to see what a Polish WZ 78 sells for NOW in the current market place. If you do so, then you’ll see as I did that the Polish WZ 78’s are NOW going for about the same sale price as Classic is currently asking for these Yugo M56 rifles. Unfortunately, Polish WZ78's don't sell for $300 any more as do many other fine imports.

DISCUSSION: I purchased a very good (VG) graded rifle and opted for the HAND SELECT OPTION as soon as Classic put them up for sale. I also checked Century Arms International (CAI), the importer, to see if they had any available for sale at a better price. Unfortunately, there were none listed on their web site.
What I did receive was a very nice, medium weight, target rifle with typical mauser style open sights. My example was very similar in heft and quality to the some of the pre-war Walther Meisterbuchse, and Mauser ES 350 target rifles that I have in my collection. The Yugo M56 has dual extractors, a crisp, two stage trigger, a nice walnut stock with a checkered pistol grip that exhibits a "wundhammer" swell on the right side of the grip. The bluing was excellent as well and all visible serial numbers on my example matched. My rifle also appeared to be very lightly used, and was complete without any missing, or damaged parts.

I have never heard of these identified as training rifles. Actually, I've never heard of, or seen these rifles before, so I have to do some more research to determine if they were, in fact, used as a military training rifles, or simply as military/civilian target rifles. I also do not know how many of them were manufactured, or just how many are now available for purchase. Batches of surplus imports eventually dry up and then the market prices take off. Sometimes, you snooze, you lose:-)

In conclusion, I’m very happy with my resent acquisition. I'm not a into most of Classic's "modern" stuff, but these were different.

Here are a few photos of my example:

Last edited by kaynine; 06-11-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
im tending to agree with early posts on price but i definitely see the appeal of that trainer , and yes , i do collect them along with the others , nice looking rifle ,
Old 06-12-2018, 08:51 AM
kaynine

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Thanks, but I learned long ago that if you like something and have the funds to acquire it, then it's best to bite the bullet, so to speak and buy it. That way there's no fututre recriminations over what got away, or being mentally harassed over missed opportunities and spending substantial time and $$ later on to correct that error. In addition, these things don't normally get any cheaper after the sources dry up (see the Polish WX78 for example). Just my $0.02:-)

Last edited by kaynine; 06-13-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:39 PM
VAROSEBUD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
K-9 I think I will do as you with the order,can you post some moor pics and how do I redoes the pics you have up now??
Old 06-14-2018, 07:56 AM
kaynine

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
I suspect that you will be very happy with one of these uncommon rifles, but please understand that I have no association with Classic other than as a infrequent customer, and I'm certainly not a shill for them. Just trying to pass along my experience with particular purchase of mine.

PS:

I can post some additional photos, but you need to tell me EXACTLY what details are of interest to you. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "redoes" with regard to my photos. I would highly recommend that you go to Collectors web site and view their photos of this rifle, the reviews by other purchasers, and also watch the associated video.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM
trueg50

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do these have some sort of rail? or a raise bar like the Romainian M69's have?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:35 PM
kaynine

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Good question. The receiver top is flat and matted with a non-glare treatment. It is not grooved for a diopter sight, or scope mount. It is also is not drilled and tapped for scope mount bases although it wouldn't be difficult to modify it for either of these sight options except that it'll take a hit on it's originality if that's a concern. Look at my second photo to see the top of the receiver.

Last edited by kaynine; 06-24-2018 at 01:13 PM.