Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:28 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Jard trigger for T-Bolt

Been working a lot of overtime here the last 6 month and it doesn't look like there's any reprieve coming anytime soon... So I'm thinking about spending some of that money...

For you guys that have custom triggers in your guns what pound trigger would you recommend for a squirrel hunting rig???
Old 02-25-2018, 07:04 PM
OKNARF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve got a factory trigger ( measured 3 lb ). Breaks like glass.....must be lucky. Perfect for squirrel woods.....
Old 02-25-2018, 10:25 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I personally love a 2-2 1/2lb trigger in my squirrel rifles. I don't hunt with gloves on much which makes a difference to me. My T bolt I just got is just over 4lbs but breaks so amazingly clean that I may shoot it for a while before I tear into it. Also my son is the only other one that really uses my rifles while hunting and he knows the triggers are light so no problem.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2018, 04:06 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thinking 2lb prob just about right... the T-Bolt trigger does seem good for a 4-4.5# trigger
Old 02-26-2018, 07:37 AM
Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Jard's heaviest weight listed though is only 20 ozs.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
T-bolt has a decent trigger, its just not light. If my Uncle's T-bolt were mine, I already have this thing.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:10 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpup-one View Post
Jard's heaviest weight listed though is only 20 ozs.

Man that might be to light
Old 02-27-2018, 05:21 PM
rando842003

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My wife bought me one of the Jard T-bolt triggers for Valentine's Day (I have a great wife!) I went with the middle weight spring which I think was 16 oz. The pull weight is adjustable so I was able to set it up for what was comfortable for me as a squirrel hunting rig.

Just a word of advice if you get one. The instructions that came with the trigger said it was pretty much set up from the factory and required little to no adjustment. That was not true with the trigger I received. Mine required a lot of adjustment to get everything right. I had issues with the rifle slam firing, the safety not engaging, and the sear not holding the bolt like it should. The problems tended not to reveal themselves until I actually started shooting the rifle. I would fix one issue and test it numerous times with a snap cap, go shoot it, and another problem would pop up. I had to call the company a few times. If you don't already have a stubby set of allen wrenches buy some or grind some off, especially if you have to raise or lower the sear. The adjustment screw for that is in a recess behind the trigger guard. I found it very difficult to adjust with normal allen wrenches. On a positive note, Jard was very helpful when I called them in resolving my issues. Once it was adjusted correctly it shot fantastic.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:55 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I must have been lucky because the Jard trigger assembly that I put in my T-Bolt was a straight drop in operation. It breaks like glass and a tad over 1 pound and it really makes shooting the rifle fun. Hopefully they won't all be a pain to install.

Rick H.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:37 AM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry for Resurrecting a old tread... my wife just ordered me one for Christmas... I hope mine is a drop in too!!! I want to eventually have one in all 4 of my t-bolts
Old 12-08-2018, 09:16 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'll be interested to see how your trigger install goes BWstickman. Mine was really easy but I did read the instructions a few times to make sure I had it down.

Rick H.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:05 AM
JOKER708
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Does Jard make this trigger for early models or just late model ?????thx
Old 12-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Frankr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got a T bolt haven't shot it yet. I dont have a pull gauge. I removed the adjustment screw and while it is heavy it does break nice. All My BR rifles and a few Custom Big Game Rifle have Jewell Triggers my hunting Rifle is 8OZ but I am used to a 1 1/2 OZ trigger and can actually get a squeeze and let off on it. So I am not beyond getting a Jard Trigger but hate that I will loose that gold looking Trigger. Some said there is a thread where you can work on the T bolt trigger and get down to 2.5 LBS but I have not found it. I looked at my trigger and I see is nothing just a black housing. I dont even see how it comes off.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I remember it’s a pop fit. Caveat, remember to put the screw( holds unit to barrel) back in place before popping it together. I removed the “lawyer ledge” and it didn’t do anything to the trigger pull(stayed 4lbs). Bought a Jard at 20 ounces,should have bought a selection of lighter springs at the same time
Old 12-08-2018, 04:26 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I tried messing with mine and had no luck and really was afraid Iíd mess it up... I think the Jard trigger is gonna be the way to go for me... these guns really deserve a good trigger... Iím hoping to have it in and laying some groups down the week after Christmas