Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:39 PM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerrab View Post
Furthermore I make every attempt to shoot EVERY squirrel in the head, that means the entrance and EXIT are both in the head. I refer to that as " professionally shot". I don't care how many get away while I am trying to make a professional shot!
This falls under the category of, "My Game, My Rules". Some folks only shoot them in the face with a rifle while others might only use a 20 gauge with #5 shot and some other guy is just there because there is the prospect of free beer. I like variety so I might use a single shot .22 rifle one day, a .410 shotgun the next and a pistol the day after that. Each has it's own challenges.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Lerrab
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree. The following is how I have felt for forty years or more. And believe me I don't have anyone in particular in mind !
One shouldn't waste squirrels, and I do realize that some do not have a lot of opportunities to bag squirrels due to how much time they have to go , good places to go, and so on. Or just like something different. So I think those folks should hit them where they want or use what they want. If they aren't just trying to brag on killing a squirrel! ( criminy, they aren't elusive Snow leopards! )

I Don't think it would be right for me to brag how many I could kill and how great I am and then shoot them in the butt! If I am that good of a HUNTER why don't I just give a hint of that by shooting them in the head instead of being afraid I won't get one! That's me and how I feel about anyone! Most braggarts that I am familiar with get them any way they can, brag about them and then throw some or all of them away or run around trying to find someone to give them to.

Shooting squirrels in the middle by those who brag about killing squirrels is like a football player after scoring a touchdown has to dance around and grab his junk! How about acting like you have been there before, on both occasions !

Last edited by Lerrab; 09-16-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:13 PM
JimH

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Air power to the head! So much "cleaner" to clean when head shot-no bloodshot meat or guts to get on the good stuff. Lerrab that picture makes me hungry! Surely you skint them using the Sir Carlos Squirrelcock method,as that is the only way they could be that clean!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44082834402_968f0bbbe2_k.jpg (491.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by JimH; 09-16-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:38 PM
Lerrab

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nicely done. Just air and lead ? Actually my skint squirrels will have very few hairs on them after skinning . The hams will rarely have a hair, the backs will generally have a couple and the shoulders maybe ? Overall They have less hair than any method I have seen used. Sometimes none at all.
A lot of folks cut them across the back and keep grabbing them wrong and get hair all over them. When you cut one across the back you are going to have loose hair there. Most don't know how to get rid of that it seems. If you will look at my skinning video you will see me get rid of this loose hair so it doesn't get on my squirrel.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:44 PM
bugeye

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerrab View Post
the whole thing
Gee whiz.
Those certainly look more appetizing than some I've seen recently which were laying on the ground, in the heat, with their guts still inside, clad in their skin, and covered with flies.
But that hunter is supposed the be the greatest squirrel hunter of all time.
How do you explain the discrepancy??

Where's the flies around Jim's squirrels?? Isn't there supposed to be some??

Last edited by bugeye; 09-16-2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:59 PM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your freeze-dried photo-op squirrels look great. I really like the ruby color of your fake blood recipe.

I always like to hang them upside down and shoot them in the head at point-blank range.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:43 PM
JimH

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Your freeze-dried photo-op squirrels look great. I really like the ruby color of your fake blood recipe.

I always like to hang them upside down and shoot them in the head at point-blank range.
Yeah,I used to shoot those nasty old fox squirrels to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44258809861_dcbbec806c_k.jpg (484.4 KB, 6 views)