Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What model ? And how old is your 10-22 ?

2K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  DenofAl 
#1 · (Edited)
Mine is 44 years old.

Ruger carbine. Still shooting it.

Shot it today.

#11 ·
We have had our 10-22s about the same length of time.
Five years ago, after decades of simply shooting it bone stock..
Sent the old girl to Randy for a full tune-up.
I've no idea how many rounds have been fired.. never tried to keep track.
But I'd say ALOT.
ONLY thing I wish, is I should have kept the sights.. had Randy round off the front sight.
Filled in the rear dovetail with lead.
(Many years ago) ( it broke , put a scope on , )
It has never failed me. (Other than the rear sight)....but that's ok.. can't see em anyways these days)...As a young man. I carried it everywhere.
It lived in the back window of my old pickup trucks.

#15 ·
I looked the numbers up on mine and I have a 1967 carbine with a D stamp before serial number, 82 carbine that I received as a kid and who knows how much federal lightning it has ate, 94 stainless color with full length green lam stock, 02 upgraded with green mountain barrel and trigger years ago and a 2012 carbine with plastic stock.

#17 ·
My brother was told by a gunsmith when he had to take his 1022 in for a bad trigger that the rifle was one of the first 100 made. I'm guessing since I haven't shot or seen that gun in 46 years, it's probably a Ranch Rifle, is has a Wood stock and blue metal. Yes he still has the gun. No idea what year it is either, but if it is one of the first 100 made, the year shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

#20 ·
1964 Carbine.
Still use it for my Gopher Gun.
Just mounted a Burris Droptine 3X9 to replace the Trashco that I have been using for 30+ years.
Other than that I have only added an Exact Edge extractor (had way to many stovepipes over the years), a bolt buffer, sling mounts, and a different trigger spring along with a 'bubba' trigger job.
The trigger pull was always much harder than it needed to be and is still at 6#.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.