Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:57 AM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kenyon Trigger for sale

There's a Kenyon trigger for sale on GunBroker. Says for Winchester 52C, D, and E. Not mine.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/907482490
Old 08-05-2021, 06:40 AM
Triggershoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
There's a Kenyon trigger for sale on GunBroker. Says for Winchester 52C, D, and E. Not mine.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/907482490
Wow... starting bid $650 Somebody would have to want it pretty bad... Love to have it, but that's nearly twice what I paid for my 52D from the CMP.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Hip's Ax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Hip's Ax
This is a reasonable price, it appears unused, its blued and has slotted adjustment screws. It even comes with the hard to find Kenyon screwdriver.

This would have been made in the 1970's I think when Karl was at the top of his game.

If you don't like $650 for a 52 Kenyon trigger best not to look for one of his Remington 37 triggers. I saw one go for $1200 on EBay a while back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2021, 01:24 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip's Ax View Post
If you don't like $650 for a 52 Kenyon trigger best not to look for one of his Remington 37 triggers. I saw one go for $1200 on EBay a while back.
From what I've observed watching ebay since the first yr of its operation, accessories sold there usually bring more than the same item sold on GB; merely a matter of having many more viewers on ebay. Of course, $650 is only where it's starting, & it would be surprising if it finished there, esp. considering GB's atrocious "15-min rule," which means bidding can continue for hours past the end time.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:40 PM
Rick H.
National Guard Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Agreed, I hate that 15 minute rule almost as much as I dislike "snipers" on Ebay who wait to the last few seconds to post a bid, but that's just me.

Rick H.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:39 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
Agreed, I hate that 15 minute rule almost as much as I dislike "snipers" on Ebay who wait to the last few seconds to post a bid, but that's just me.

Rick H.
Just about the same thing happens on GB. Recently watched a gun on GB I had bid on jump from about 1 G to nearly 3 Gs in the last 10 min; I was so disgusted I didn't even wait to see the final price.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAnderson View Post
From what I've observed watching ebay since the first yr of its operation, accessories sold there usually bring more than the same item sold on GB; merely a matter of having many more viewers on ebay. Of course, $650 is only where it's starting, & it would be surprising if it finished there, esp. considering GB's atrocious "15-min rule," which means bidding can continue for hours past the end time.
Yes but there are still prone shooters out there using 52's in matches. This is not a collector item only, it is valid match gear. Karl was getting (if I remember correctly) $450 for his triggers near the end of his career. To get an unused one from his hay day is a dream. I bet it sells for a lot.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update on the Kenyon Trigger:

I asked the seller: Has the bolt removal lever been bent? It doesn't look straight.

He replied: Yes but It works fine.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:25 AM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sent the triggers out of a couple of CMP 52Ds off to Karl in 2005 to have him modify them. Seems like I paid him quite a bit less than $100 apiece for his work, and they were both well worth it. After shooting those two rifles for the past 15-16yrs, I'm forever ruined when it comes to shooting with a stock M52 trigger...
Old 08-10-2021, 08:52 AM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I sent the triggers out of a couple of CMP 52Ds off to Karl in 2005 to have him modify them. Seems like I paid him quite a bit less than $100 apiece for his work, and they were both well worth it. After shooting those two rifles for the past 15-16yrs, I'm forever ruined when it comes to shooting with a stock M52 trigger...
Karl would modify Winchester 52C, D and E factory triggers in addition to his new manufacture triggers. I remember his modified triggers costing $125 but that was in later years.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:40 AM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It went for $775. Why pay more?
Old 08-12-2021, 08:27 AM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hip's Ax - You're right on the price of the work to modify a 52D trigger - I typed my post without taking the time to look for the note I sent along with the 2nd trigger to Karl on Aug.9, 2007. However, I've kept that note, along with Karl's handwritten reply which he sent along when he returned the finished trigger. I mentioned enclosing a check for $135 for the work & return shipping. Karl wrote on my printed note that he'd set the trigger at "near 6oz. More can be adj into it. Thank you & best wishes, Karl Kenyon" This was the 2nd trigger I'd sent to him, for a 52D action that I'd had re-barreled with a Broughton sporter contour bbl, fitted & chambered by Mike Ross. The 1st one Karl did for me was on another CMP 52D that I kept in its factory stock that I re-finished. It's got a Vianni scope base & Weaver T24 scope, while the 2nd one with the sporter bbl was bedded into a very nice English walnut sporter stock that Doan Trevor did for me - photo shows it with a Weaver V16 scope mounted on an EGW scope base. Doan did a beautiful job making this stock & custom bottom metal, and even found an original Winchester steel buttplate with the projecting 'V' at the top of the plate.

The other rifle in the photo is a LR prone rifle built on a BAT 3L action that Doan also did the stock work on. I picked the blank for this stock out of Steve & Shirley McGee's inventory, and they duplicated it on their 'Trudy' pattern. Rather than to risk screwing up a nice piece of English walnut with my meager woodworking skills, I asked Doan to put his finishing touches on it, and have never regretted taking it down to him for the fine job he did on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0547.jpg (413.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-12-2021, 09:05 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-man View Post
It went for $775. Why pay more?
Suspect buyer would have had to pay more if it had been listed on ebay; speculation, of course. On the other hand, ebay's rake-off is higher than it is on GB.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:37 AM
Rick H.
National Guard Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just to end any speculation, I bought the Kenyon trigger yesterday that was listed on GB. One of my long desires has been to have a Model 52 equipped with a Kenyon trigger. I was just never in the right place at the right time for this to happen. When Karl Kenyon was still in business I was in the throws of working and raising a family on a tight budget and in all honesty, serious rimfire shooting was not on my radar screen at all. Years later I discovered the error of my ways and after hearing and reading about Kenyon triggers and how great they were/are I wanted one. I have a meager fleet of Model 52's but the one thing missing from them was a Kenyon trigger equipped rifle. So when I saw the Kenyon on GB I decided to make a run for it. At least in the pictures this Kenyon trigger looks almost new which is a plus. I didn't snipe anyone on it because GB has the 15 minute rule and I established in my mind the maximum I would go.

Some will no doubt say I paid too much, but I was ready to go a little bit higher than the price I bought this trigger for. There simply aren't many of these triggers that come up for sale anymore. I saw one several years ago on Fleabay that was up around $500.00 and the seller terminated the auction early for some odd reason. I am not getting any younger and Lord knows if another Kenyon trigger would have come up for sale and if I would have heard about it. If it's like many items of this sort they get sold without ever seeing the open market. I only hope I didn't buy a "pig-in-a-poke" and that this trigger works as good as it looks. I will add that the seller has been great to work with so far, but then he should be. He has my money already!

Rick H.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:59 AM
llano52

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Congrats. I was going to place a bid until I read the post about the bent bolt release lever. Let us know if it still functions as the seller said in reply to Mac-man's inquiry about the damage.