Which model is your Favorite Henry? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:20 AM
bcvojak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Henry Small Game Carbine in .22 Mag. . . Though it's a tie with my Winchester 9422M also in .22 Mag. . .
Old 04-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Custom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My custom H001L

Well, I only have one Henry. I recently purchased it and its a great little shooter.
I didn't care for the slim stock and wanted something a little beefier. So I ordered the Big Boy steel stock set and in-letted it to fit my little carbine. I added a white line spacer to the butt pad, A Williams target peep sight on the dovetail grooves, and a modified fiber optic front sight to fit the front ramp.
Lastly, I added a short piccatanny rail, just because I liked the looks of the one on the Grizzly backpacker, on the Grizzly rifles web site.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 AM
marlin25mn22mag
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
my evil roy with fancy stock upgrade

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 08:25 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Henry Original in 44-40.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:19 PM
Hawkmoon
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have: Original H001, purchased about 18 years ago.

Want: H001M
Old 05-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've shot my son-in-laws's golden boy in 17HMR and found it to be a really sweet shooting rifle. Having a Marlin 39A I never decided to buy a Henry although I had a hankering for one. Then they came out with the Frontier long barrel and I said if I ever saw one I was going to buy it. Well, I recently ran into one and, true to my word, I bought it. I have only shot it a little due to the constant high wind. Last Monday the wind was supposed to take a break and it did to some extent. I went to the range and despite a fairly stiff cross wind and shooting from a very poorly designed bench in front of the only 25 yard target board available I managed to find the Henry really loves CCI SV. It wasn't too bad with golden bullets and super x either. I had a scope on it to test it's accuracy. It's now gone and I have a Lyman tang sight waiting on me to drill and tap one hole to install it. When that's done I will do some side by side comparison shooting with it and the Marlin. I wouldn't be surprised if the Henry wins.

I like the Frontier well enough that there just may be a golden boy in my future after all.

Last edited by Arrowhead; 05-18-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:03 PM
JohnAcman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I own three Henry's. A H001 I use shooting cowboy silhouette. A H001M that shoots really well with Hornady 30gr Vmax. And my favorite is the 45 colt Big Boy. The Colt is surprisingly accurate at 50 yrds. I also have two Winchester levers in 44mag and .357 mag. They are not as accurate as the Henry's.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:02 AM
overlandflyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
while at the FFL the other day beginning the process of getting my 52B out of their custody, i got to handle two Henry rifles (H001 basic & H004 golden boy) they currently have for 20% off and was truly impressed by the action, but preferring the longer octagon barrel and crescent butt plate, i have a feeling i would go with the Golden Boy if i got the chance.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:54 AM
DAT123

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
(1) Currently owned H001, the .22RL basic model, this one see the most action at the range.
(2) If my financial allow then the Golden Boy (actually I like the rifle so much so I get another one, different color thou).
Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Almost a month has elaspsed since I posted about my Frontier long barrel Henry. I have installed a Lyman tang sight and managed one range trip on the only decent day wind wise we've had. I also took the Marlin and did some comparison shooting. The Henry gives little 5 shot clusters with all holes touching at 25 yards off one of the good benches at the club range. The Marlin didn't come close with groups about three time the size of the Henry's. I'm going to blame a little of that to the brass bead front sight of the Marlin instead of the blade I installed on the Henry. CCI SV was the ammo of the day but I have some Wolf Match Target for the next run at a comparison and the Marlin now has a black bead in front. If it improves it will get a blade as I need all the help I can get with iron sights. I wouldn't want it to feel too inferior to the Henry.

This Henry has given me the itch for a Golden Boy to keep it company.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:37 PM
shirtz1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My favorite Henry is the one I own. An H001 that I've had about 7-8 years. Beautiful wood, polished to a high gloss. Vintage Tasco scope that keeps the traditional look. And, accurate as any other 22 I have with the exception of my Marlin 795. That's the one that I take with me when I'm working on group sizes. The Henry's the fun one to shoot tho.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:05 PM
oscarflytyer
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the 22LR ans 22 Mag Octagon bbl levers. I WANT a New Original in 44-40!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Corsica Coatings
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
H001Y. Thatís the basic 22lr carbine in a youth model. Shorter barrel,16 vs 20 shorter lop 12 vs 14 and alas lower capacity,12 vs 16.Its a hoot , I have a little 4x scope and the large loop on it.it the funnist plinker I own,and a heck of a field rifle,quick to the shoulder quick to the target ,small and light. And of course it shoots shorts, which are fun too and give me 4 more round in the tube.

As for what I want ,thatís the All weather Big Boy In 357. But like others have said before me ,I would be pleased to own any Henry Rifle.
Mine too but sure like my .30-30AI also. Has wonderful wood and shoots 1.5 MOA...what more should you want.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Jonzim
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Currently own 3 Marlin levers, but picked up my first Henry two weeks ago. Wanted a .22 WMR, so I grabbed the H001M. I tried it with a scope but was not thrilled and wanted to keep it as a fast go to gun when needed for the occasional stray unwelcome critter. So, removed the scope and installed the HIVIZ Fiber front sight. Now it is a real sweet shooter and easy on my old eyes. Love the .22WMR cartridge.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:33 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine is my Frontier 22 LR. I stripped the black from the receiver and barrel band after the first scratch it got in the black receiver.