Tell me a little about these rifles

Thanx,
Jim
Old 03-10-2015, 01:27 AM
vinco
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
It's a FINE rifle, actually based on the "Camp" series of rifles. It shares architecture with the Model 9 and Model 45 Camp Carbines. It's one of the few semi-auto offerings in 22WMR from any manufacturer, and it's arguably one of the best in terms of reliability and accuracy. Can you tell I may be a bit partial?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Old Dutch
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I, too, like mine. I was fortunate to find it in excellent condition in a local pawn shop. It was also probably mis-priced, but in my favor.

The rifle is built like a tank and has good accuracy. I do not shoot it often, but it will remain in my collection. They are quality rifles from any perspective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 AM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm a fan also. Its the best 22 magnum rifle I've ever owned. I actually bought two of these rifles about ten years ago. Gave one to a good friend of mine that allowed me to hunt his property. I just called him the other day to see if he would sell it. He said he's killed more squirrels with it than everything else he has combined. Its a keeper that he plans on passing it down to his kids. Trigger was a little heavy so I tore mine down and now it breaks at around 2 3/4 lbs, also bedded the stock.

Last edited by sicumj; 03-13-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:08 PM
onegreatshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
922M Carbine

I also have recently purchased a safe queen Marlin 922M. Years ago, I also owned a Camp 9 which I later sold for unknown reasons. I purchased this rifle for shooting squirrels in Utah. The problem is that the 1 magazine that came with the rifle will not be enough for rapid shooting. Can't find any Marlin 922M mag's on the internet. Is there another model of mag. that can be used and do they come in large capacity types.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:52 PM
SRV1

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicumj View Post
I'm a fan also. Its the best 22 magnum rifle I've ever owned. I actually bought two of these rifles about ten years ago. Gave one to a good friend of mine that allowed me to hunt his property. I just called him the other day to see if he would sell it. He said he's killed more squirrels with it than everything else he has combined. Its a keeper that he plans on passing it down to his kids. Trigger was a little heavy so I tore mine down and now it breaks at around 2 3/4 lbs, also bedded the stock.
What did you do to the trigger? It seems the Camp rifles all have hard triggers. My Camp 9 has it as well.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:56 PM
sav24dl
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatshot View Post
I also have recently purchased a safe queen Marlin 922M. Years ago, I also owned a Camp 9 which I later sold for unknown reasons. I purchased this rifle for shooting squirrels in Utah. The problem is that the 1 magazine that came with the rifle will not be enough for rapid shooting. Can't find any Marlin 922M mag's on the internet. Is there another model of mag. that can be used and do they come in large capacity types.
I seen some on E-Bay recently. I never found any large capacity magazines, the factory has 5 and 7 rounds magazines.