Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:15 PM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwp721 View Post
Remington Targets, Vipers, and even their Golden Points are perfectly fine. Thunderbolts are just dirty when it comes to unburnt powder. Maybe in a rifle it wouldn't be an issue as there is a longer burning time? Pleanty of types of 22's, so use what you can find and what you like.
Hah! Wonder what happened here?

Old 04-26-2014, 04:55 PM
benhasajeep

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have never had a problem with Thunderbolts in the SR22. The only that we did was bulk pack Federal 40gr RN. But after an extended break in period. It eats just about everything.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:37 AM
rippinryno
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've shot thunderbolts for a very long time. I had 2 bricks that i shot through my sr22 when it was still new and it fired them all just fine. I don't think thunderbolts are any worse than the other bulk ammo out there. So far the best bulk ammo i can find for any of my 22's is the cci blazer. Those are hot rounds and do not jam in any of my guns, my old fieldmaster is very ammo picky and will shoot blazers 100%.

benhasajeep - it's funny you say that about the federals i just went out last night with a clean gun and 250rds of the federeal 40gr rn and it was constant failure to feed, never had my gun do tha tbefore. I have 2 whole bricks of this stuff so it better shape up! I've shot automatch, winchester bulk m-22, goldens and bolts and blazers all without any problems, but for some reason this federal was not working yesterday.

Last edited by rippinryno; 09-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.