Misinformation on sr22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
alzwel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Misinformation on sr22

It never ceases to amaze me the incorrect information that is occassionally presented on this site. I guess it goes along with the more often excellent stuff. I recently bought an SR22 and am very happy with it. I can understand how the same pistol can have differences. That's just manufacturing differences. What I can't understand is how someone can trash something with misinformation, ie - "rear sight on SR22 is plastic" - it's not; "one grip goes over the other" - it does not; "magazine hard to remove" - mine falls out; and my favorites : "I would not buy this gun because the safety goes the wrong way" or "because it does not come with a threaded barrel".
For the new members to this site some advice: don't believe everything you read here.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Silent_fun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't wait to buy the gun! I'm just waiting to see what happens with the threaded barrel. I handled one at my LGS and it feels amazing, much better built than my P22. Lots of haters out there on this one, but I'm a fan
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
every forum has their share of BS. this place is no different.

just take what you read with a grain of salt or verify the info other ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Dansjeep2000

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone have any real info on the threaded barrel version?? Any time lines??
Old 02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
3six13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Other than the lack of threaded barrel and the reverse direction of the de-cocker safety, I haven't heard any of those complaints, but, then again, I haven't really looked at other forums in a while and remember seeing some bogus claims on some in the past. I don't really need a threaded barrel and plan on getting a P95, which also has a de-cocker/safety, so I can't wait to get a SR22P next month, especially with all the positive reviews it's getting here on RFC.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't understand the fascination of the threaded barrel. It has a 3 1/2 inch barrel. It's going to be loud no matter what you hang on the front of the barrel.

Mine functions flawlessly. I fed it AutoMatch, Mini-Mags and Stingers over the weekend. Easily shot 3 inch groups at 10 yards. A target pistol it's not. As a fun to shoot plinker, it has no match!

In My Humble Opinion.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Silent_fun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by labratt104 View Post
I don't understand the fascination of the threaded barrel. It has a 3 1/2 inch barrel. It's going to be loud no matter what you hang on the front of the barrel.

Mine functions flawlessly. I fed it AutoMatch, Mini-Mags and Stingers over the weekend. Easily shot 3 inch groups at 10 yards. A target pistol it's not. As a fun to shoot plinker, it has no match!

In My Humble Opinion.
Unless you put a suppressor on the end, then I imagine it would be pretty quiet. I'm thinking this: http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/OUTBACK-IID-13p19.htm

I have put my can on my P22 and it's quiet, I can't imagine the Ruger SR22 would be much louder...

Just saying....
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzwel View Post
...and my favorites : "I would not buy this gun because the safety goes the wrong way" .
Apparently these people have short memories or lack of experience. All of Ruger's P-series centerfire pistols with a decocker or a decocker/safety had their safety/decocker operate the same way, down to decock/on-safe, up to fire. Also, all of Smith & Wessons metal frame pistols in all thee generations had their safety/decocker operate the same way.

Yeah, it's different from a 1911 safety but it's not unusual or rare.

BTW, why hasn't the SR22 gotten it's own forum heading under "Ruger Semi-Auto Pistols" along with the various Marks and the 22/45?

Last edited by 22/45 Fan; 02-21-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
dobber212
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Apparently these people have short memories or lack of experience. All of Ruger's P-series centerfire pistols with a decocker or a decocker/safety had their safety/decocker operate the same way, down to decock/on-safe, up to fire. Also, all of Smith & Wessons metal frame pistols in all thee generations had their safety/decocker operate the same way.

Yeah, it's different from a 1911 safety but it's not unusual or rare.

BTW, why hasn't the SR22 gotten it's own forum heading under "Ruger Semi-Auto Pistols" along with the various Marks and the 22/45?
What he said!