SR22 Pistol - Another Good Range Report - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
R&Sman
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
getting more

Hi Crow Beads,
Glad you like your new Ruger and the price, I am not well liked by the other vendors at Tanner because I don't gouge on prices. One vendor came by Sunday morning and asked if I sold the Ruger yet, he was the one selling his for $349.00, when I said "yes" he said "good, now maybe I can sell mine". I tend to want to make money on volume sells and not an individual sell.

Hope to see you again at the Tanner this weekend. Oh, and I put 10 more on order (backorder that is)

Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Crow Beads

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw the $349 SR22 after I bought mine. I would have passed on it. Thank you for the great price. I love the gun. Make sure Lewis gets one of those on backorder. Yours will be the first table I go to whenever we are at the Tanner.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 AM
IHeartGroceries

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took it to the range today.
I love the way it feels, as in ergonomics. I think its well balanced. Its nice shooting as well. The trigger reset is indeed a little awkward.
I fired over 100 CCI MM out of it with only a single failure to eject. When I ran out of that, I used (or tried to) Winchester Super X hollow points, which the gun absolutely HATED. Malfunctioned every other cartridge. So, I polished those off with my 22/45, which eats just about anything.
As for accuracy, it was a tad underwhelming. Not terrible, but not to too great. Overall, though, its a blast to shoot. Can wait to shoot it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartGroceries View Post
As for accuracy, it was a tad underwhelming. Not terrible, but not to too great.
I love your username. IHeartGroceries too! Have you checked your barrel screw for tightness? It seems some have left the factory with the barrel screw loose. Several posts have commented on accuracy problems, and then found the barrel screw to be loose.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
amd6547

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was hitting 10" steel plates about half the time at 40yds without trying too hard...accuracy is fine for my first outing with this pistol.
I agree the trigger reset is a little weird..I think it needs a slightly stronger trigger return spring.
That having been said, I had no problem rapid firing my SR22P at all. I'm very happy with it.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
dobber212
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally took my new SR22 to the range yesterday morning…..only had it month!! Once I got used to the trigger (about 20rds), I was impressed with the little pistol’s accuracy. The barrel stayed tight and she fired and ejected every round of ammo I fed her……didn’t even have a “dud” round. Although I didn’t physically measure my shot groups, I’m guessing about 1 ˝” at 21ft and 4”at 30ft. The little pistol is really fun to shoot…….now just need a few more magazines.

The ammo I fired included; CCI Min-Mag RN: 100 rounds, CCI Blazer: 50 rounds, CCI AR Tactical: 100 rounds, Federal (710) Game-Shok: 50 rounds, Federal (711B) Gold Medal: 50 rounds, Federal Auto Match: 50 rounds, Federal Champion Bulk: 50 rounds, Winchester M-22: 50 rounds, Fiocchi 40-gr: 50 rounds and Wolf Match Target: 50 rounds.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM
LewiSS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking forward to comparing the trigger reset of the SR22 with that of the LCR 22. Completely different guns, but interesting that trigger reset is coming up on both sets of posts. Same designer? Coincidence? New approach?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
22-Rimfire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up one yesterday. Been fondling it. If it functions reliably, it's a keeper. But it will never replace my Mark II with the bull barrel for accuracy. Looking forward to shooting it. Seems like it will be a fun little pistol. I don't care for the sharp points on the grip.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM
PaGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
great little gun

Picked my little SR22 up yesterday for $309 and I love it already. I took it out this morning in 25 degree temps with 20 to 35 mph winds because I just had to try it out. It shot without any problems at all and I didn't even clean it yet to remove the factory grease it's packed in. First time I ever did that but it was a great test to show how reliable these little guns are. On a side note I did change the grip to the larger grip and the smaller one that comes on the gun was on there very tight as everyone has stated. I took a blow dryer and in two to three minutes it slid right off no struggling to pull it off.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
LewiSS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree that the SR22 is no replacement for a Mk-series. This is a completely different type of pistol. However, the Mk-series is also no replacement for an SR22 in some cases (try carrying a Mk in a small holster!).
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM
alzwel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wrong Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhan View Post
The large grip fits over the small grip. No removal necessary.

gary
Hey Gary; Go have another beer! The grips do not fit over each other. You have to remove one to put the other on.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
22-Rimfire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wrong advice... It happens to the best of us from time to time.

The directions on grip removal and replacement are included in the manual provided with the SR22 pistol. The hair dryer suggestion sounds like a good one to me to make the plastic a little more flexible.

The SR22 has a nice feel in the hand. I am debating whether I like the small grips or the slightly fatter ones. The smaller ones aren't bad for average sized hands unless you are just used to fat grips.

Two new Ruger 22's so far this year (LCR-22 and SR-22P)... I have to tone down the gun buying for a while.

Last edited by 22-Rimfire; 02-13-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
alzwel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Feels Good!

I agree that the pistol feels good in the hand. I put the larger grips on and I like it. A friend of mine has the Walther P22 and it not half as nice as the Ruger. The P22 comes with only 1 magazine, the sights are plastic and the big one is the slide is Zinc. Have read that some slides have cracked. Not surprised. I did check the barrel screw and mine was a little loose after about 300 rounds yesterday. I plan to polish the ramp today (had two failures to feed yesterday). I'm sure related to the ramp. I also took the burr off the sheet metal slide release, since I noticed it scratching the bottom of the slide. My local gun shop could not get one for me since they are on "allocation" from Ruger. Saw a couple at a gun show for $425! I found mine on Gun Broker for $300 and free shipping. Not bad. I am replacing a MKII with 4" bull bbl I sold recently that I had for many years. I never could get a good group with the MKII and I finally found out why. The rifling at the muzzle end was gone the first 5/8"! I sent it into Ruger and they told me first that the barrel was bulged. I told them it was not. Then a guy called (at my request) and told me that it was fired with what he called a "squib" load. Told me that a bullet had lodged in the barrel and another round was fired. I bought this pistol brand new in 2003 and I never did anything like that. Told them to send it back.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
dodgethis03
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sr22

I just picked up one the other day,LOVE it. so much nicer the my p22. now i just got to sell it. ive put 200 rounds of different ammo throught it. i only had 2 miss fires, but i think it was the ammo. walther should have fixed the problems that the p22 has, but ive always liked ruger so im happy.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went into a gun shop today...plenty of pistols but no SR22s.... Still haven't seen one. M1911