Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

52 Picture Thread

120K views 192 replies 105 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 ·
Gentlemen,

Mah possee of 52's. :)

Closest: 52E w/ scope (Lyman LWBR 20X) original owner had put on when rifle was new in 1973. The E is simply stunning, a 99.5 % gun!

52C, one of Kenny Leasure's guns (kenny won smallbore @ Camp Perry in 1967). Redfield 3200 24X

CMP 52D Unertl 24X

52D Barreled by Robert Finley (smallbore shooter & gunsmith from Houston Texas area in 60's & 70's). Trigger by Karl Kenyon (need I say more). Action sleeved & stocked by Johnny Chapman (Johnny built guns for the Olympics, he is from weatherford Texas). 36X Sightron Big Sky (on updated SurplusRifle.com design clamp-to-the-blocks cantilever scope base/mount.

See less See more
#128 ·
5 digit Pre A

Here is one that I have had for several years. It appears to be a Pre A rifle, serial 11756 with the early finger groove stock. Sights look original to the gun. The only mod seems to be that it was converted to the speed lock action somewhere along the way. Very smooth action and quite accurate as would be expected. Scope is no longer on the rifle as I prefer the original sights. A picture:

Attachments

#148 ·
My one and only Winchester 52. A “C”, heavy barrel in exceptional condition. The metal is in excellent condition with some light graying on the bolt handle. I did refinish the stock and added the 20X Unertl scope. This is now my ARA bench rest rifle. I won last months ARA club match with a high target score of 2175.
Musical instrument Wood Music Hardwood Flooring

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun accessory Metal

I have previously used a BSA Martini MarkV, an Anschutz 1411, 1410, 1413 & 1813 in ARA competition all with mixed result. At just short of age 75, winning is not as important (or likely) now as in the past, but having fun and shooting with confidence is easier with the “C” than ever before, even with those other fine rifles.
Cactus Mike

#149 ·
My 52 was born in 1956 as a C model, but over the years—and multiple surgeries—this is how I found it. Rebarreled with a stepped, free-floating stainless bull. Then drilled, and topped with a Unertl 15x 2” Varmint (I‘ve since taken that off and put on my Unertl 20x 1.5” Target). Restocked with a beautiful figured piece of flamed walnut and the action glass-bedded with a fine adjustable butt plate. A J.A. Bell 3-lever Target trigger installed, and a single-shot conversion.

The great news? It shoots even better than it looks, with medium grade ammo.

Musical instrument Wind instrument Wood Metal Pipe

#155 ·
Been blessed here lately to be able to afford a few 52's. A Pre A, an A with freeland mods, a 52b (on the way), a 52C (Also on the way), and a 52D US property....they all seem to love the norma tac cheap stuff @4.20 at palmetto...now time for some pics!

First up the Pre A with Vaver sights, not too bad for an old girl (1934) shooting the cheap stuff

Attachments

#158 ·
Musical instrument Air gun Sleeve Wood Trigger

Only one I own, a 1938 52B. Bought it with the intent to shoot with peep sights. Like a dummy, I declined the offer of the Unertl scope and rings that were previously installed because I didn't want to spend $400 on a scope with broken crosshair. Now I'm scope shopping since I can't see the 50yard target with peeps.

The opposite side is visible in my avatar, along with the 513T I picked up the same day.

#159 ·
me too!!

Hey can i get in on this!!!!!!!! I bought this "C" from the original owner, said it had maybe 300 rounds down the bbl. I don't know how true but i beleived the guy, looks almost new anyway! He said far as he remembers he never took the action out of the stock. I'm leaving it just like it is, i don't see no reason to break the seal -shoots perfect! Ok i am braggin but it's the only 52 i have and i like it, lol!!

I don't have many maybe 10 or so rimfires but the 52C is my favorite. My newely acquired CMP 40X is a close second! joe

Win. 52 re-issues & 1904

Here is whats left of my Win.'s except for my Grandfathers 1895 35 Win.

Bottom to top:
1904 Win. 22-Sorry this isn't a 52 but was on the pic.
Browning 52C re-issue NIB
Fajen 52 re-issue
Win 52B re-issue
Fajen 52 re-issue

Sorry for the not so great Pix.
Great looking group