Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:29 PM
rayjay

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover niles View Post
Has anyone tried the Aquila .22 match, for practice.
It's stated as being Eley primed and loaded, although it's
almost too cheap at $31.00 a brick, that's makes it suspicious.
gn
I bought some $61 a brick Eley Club and it didn't do worth a crap for BR [ compared to Match EPS ] so I don't see how any cheaper ammo would perform adequately. I bought the Club for long range silhouette so it might suffice for that, just have to try it at the next match. It is much harder to close the bolt on the Club compared to the EPS. I use a "PTG Match" reamer.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i thought it was eley primed not eley loaded.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 AM
harro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
G'day

I wish my Anschutz liked Eley rather than Lapua, because I can buy it cheaper.
I had a couple of hours at the range today trying different ammo, but the wind got up soon after I got there .I ran a few different types of ammo through the old rifle but none of the more expensive ammo was miles better than the SK Rifle Match that up till now has been it's favourite.Now don't get me wrong the high end stuff did shoot a little better, but does it justify spending 2-3 times the price ??.
When I got home and was cleaning the rifle before putting it away ,I realised that there was movement of the action in the stock . Now I have to admit my stupidity, ( I had the action out of the stock the other day to adjust the trigger) I got interrupted while putting it back together by one of my children.The rear action screw was only just firm and the front one was started in it's thread but not tight at all.
All of today's test's mean nothing now, but it is interesting that the rifle shot OK like this.
I wonder what it will be like with the expensive ammo when everthing is done up correctly???

Thankyou for your time

harro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM
gwtaylor
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aquila?? NO!

I tried that one. I had to wipe the wax of every bullet in the box before I could get it in the barrel. I also got a box fo the Aquila "Super Match" It also had to be wiped.

RWS50 is the best in my Suhl

Federal 711B or Eley Sport worked great for practice.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
derekcasey
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
aguila is pure crap to say it nicely. they are eley primed and mexican loaded(less than crap in my book. mexico is south because it should stay there and the ammo should as well). never wipe lube off of bullets. it is there for a reason. eley is using bee wax. i looked it up today on the eley website. it is there for a reason guys. never remove it!!!

Last edited by derekcasey; 10-28-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
derekcasey
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.killoughshootingsports.co...20download.pdf

look at this link. it is beeswax tallow(fat) that is the lube on eley bullets. i took the link from killoughs so it would be easier for you guys. never remove the lube from bullets. it is there for a reason. rws might be ok for some, but eley is what you see winning matches were people who can try everything is using!!!