no class tuesday...so to the range i will go! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
no class tuesday...so to the range i will go!

i hate shooting on the weekends, but my weekdays are so full this semester. my tuesday class cancelled so i get to take "morris", my varmint out. ive been playing around with the barrel lug position using the cnelson lug set screw. i have to set it just a hair to the port side of the barrel to get the barrel to sit even in the stock. the stock still barely touches on the bottom. but im gonna play with it some more. i can see how sanding the barrel channel of my stock would help consistency, but i have yet to commit to it since my buddies varmint that shoots like mine does and had the same stock/barrel fit didnt really see any benefit from from it. both rifles still shoot on the same level.

ive got some winchester wildcat (not from the recalled lot) and some CCI blazer to shoot CAC at 25 and 50. i plan on also shooting some 50y with all the other loads ive qualified with at 25. ive gonna take some SK match with me to test the lug at 50, i might even try to make sawdust. it feels like i havent shot in forever. im going through withdrawls.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Viper22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hear ya on the withdrawls......I haven't been home since classes started at the end of August. I'm hoping to get some range time in next weekend. I can only hope.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Tony Mig
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll limber up my fingers in anticipation of all the entries I'll have to post Clem.....

BTW....I know what you mean about shooting on weekends, that's the only time FallRun and I can do it since our range only has public hours then........

I looked into joining other places that are open 7 days a week, but the price to join and distance traveled doesn't justify the costs.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
FallRun
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Tone!
If you wanted to join one of those other ranges..... maybe we could take turns driving there or something like that..
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
id love to join a private range, but to my knowledge most of the ones around here are pistol clubs. i need to find one that not only has a rifle range, but will let rimfires shoot past 50 yards. none of the public ranges around here will let rimfires on the 100y. one guy even told me that a .22 bullet wouldnt even make a dent in the playwood they use to support the 100y targets. he wasnt as entertained as i was when i suggested that we test his hypothesis by him taking cover behind one while i shoot at it.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Tony Mig
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallRun View Post
Hey Tone!
If you wanted to join one of those other ranges..... maybe we could take turns driving there or something like that..
Thanks Glenn but right now I'm too busy paying for college books, and don't have the funds to join anything......