Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Smile " my first " ever..........

browning pistol.

hi all,

total noob to anything browning. but in a few weeks will be bringing one of
these home, have had a few pistols in the past, not anymore, but i figure, new year, new toy. was looking for a pistol, and this baby caught my eye at the sport shop here in town, URX, 7.25" bbl, NIB, $390.00 OTD. couldn't buy it now, but the mgr put it in the back room for "safe keeping"

only had that one, so dont know if it is the "lite" or the hvy weight, but will weigh it with my trigger pull gauge when it is here in my lap.

in the meantime for the last few weeks have been reading the tons of avail info and find this forum very informative and helpful.

will be doing the *heggis* spring flip and the OT screw on the trigger, but the only thing i may be leery about is removing the grip to do a mod that *CHIM* mentioned, as there are parts that may fall out. will need info on how to remove the grip gently so nothing falls out before i can take some close-up pics.

anyway that will be a little later.

just wanted to thank everyone for all the help, ideas, pics and even for all the ques that i would be asking.

BTW, there is a pistol shoot-out game on the SuperStock forum that just got
started and you all are welcome to come and play. √ it out,

thanks again all,

rico....cant wait,

Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Corner Pocket
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a beauty of a gun, Rico, and you'll have lots of fun with it! I've also done the Heggis flip and added the trigger with OT screw. Those two mods make things really sweet!

My Splash Lite has that same type of grip and it is sort of hard to get off the first time. (It is one piece and does not "split" in the middle.) I was somewhat hesitant to take it off the first time, but have now done it a few times. It's nothing to fear.

You are right that there is a ton of good help here in this group, and it's a great experience to learn from those who have been there...

Happy shooting!

Corner Pocket
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 PM
chim
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Congrats on the new pistol. I have the 5.5" steel version and with the addition of an overtravel screw and some "heggisizing"/polishing it has become my pistol of choice for our league matches. The balance of the 5.5" steel pistol feels the same as the 5.5 Targets.

Don't worry too much about disassembly. Just take your time. The URX grips add a little challenge to reassembly, but you'll get the hang of it...........chim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
thanks, corner pocket,

sounds like you do as well with a pistol or a cue stick in your hand.

yea, kinda "spoiled" with my "sporter" 10/22's and their less than
2 lb pull.

yea, when *chim* types i read and try to remember, all i need now is a
scope, as my old eyes dont focus too well,

mostly will be shooting paper @ 25 /50 yds. kinda forgot what it is like to
shoot a pistol just for fun, lol, its been years,

rico....

Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 AM
ewe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been waiting for a couple of months for one just like yours-to-be. Actually called Browning Customer Service to see when some would be available and there is a shipment to our distributor this month. I just have to make sure my boss has at least one on order from the distributor. Then a 10 day wait until I can take it home. At least I can shoot it during the 10 day CA wait.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 AM
10ring1

TPC Rating: 
97% (58)
Now you got your first Browning, you will be addicted. Myself, and about 10 Brownings later, I can say, Browning has the best feeling, best shooting guns on the market today. Wait until you buy an ABolt. Good luck with it.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Old Gaffer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET View Post
<snip>
all i need now is a scope, as my old eyes don't focus too well,

mostly will be shooting paper @ 25 /50 yds. kinda forgot what it is like to shoot a pistol just for fun, lol, its been years,

rico....
Rico - it sounds like you're going to be shooting Conventional Outdoor Pistol.

Welcome to the deep end of the pool

When you get a scope, please don't make the same mistake I did and buy one from WalMart like I did.

I put an Ultra Dot red dot on my BM after the cheapie one kept losing zero and turning itself off during timed and rapid fire.

My scores went up 50 points between the two relays I shot that night - the first with the cheap scope, the latter with the Ultra Dot.

All the best,
Rob
Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well, gaffer,

i only shoot paper for fun, no competition, but, for the time being, will go with either a 4X fixed or a 2-7X variable cheap scope. cost of the pistol will put a dent in my budget, but will upgrade later,

have a hard time seeing the small orange stick-ums at 25 yds with a 2X.
most likely need new glasses, lol,

rico....