Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:59 PM
wonderwolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Marlin 795 Barrel removal?

Going to so some lathe work on a 795 barrel. How much effort does it take (I'm sure it varies) to remove the barrel from the receiver. I plan to chop, crown, thread and redrill for the front sight. I could possibly do this just running the barrel through my headstock but I don't have a good way to ensure the bore is concentric so turning between centers is my default for precision.

Drift cross pin out, knock barrel out? I have a few methods in mind if it proves difficult. I've removed lots of barrels from various receivers for various reasons and wanted to check here before proceeding.

To reinstall I'm sure we just line up the splines on the barrel shank if present and proceed with a soft mallet or press if one large enough is handy?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 PM
upland1911

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I removed a 795 barrel and replaced with a 7000 barrel. Went more easily than expected. There is a pin to punch out and then some tapping to remove from receiver. IIRC, I tapped the pin out from left side, the placed barrel in vise (well protected) and taped front of receiver and tapped with rubber mallet. Re-install was in reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk