Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:20 AM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Cz USA plant

How will a stateside plant affect the cost of Cz's?Will cost remain the same be cheaper or cost more?
Same to be said about quality control.Not that Cz is the best.
Now one more question.Would you prefer your Cz made in the states or in the old country?
Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Tailwheel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't know how to answer all your questions so let me put this out there.

I do not buy Sig Sauers that are newer than year 2002. I don't buy new Marlin's and definitely do not buy any new Remingtons. Frankly, they suck and the quality is terrible. New Smith and Wesson revolvers just do not command the prices they are asking. The roll marks and fit and finish of the ones i've purchased just are not up to what the old Smith produced.

I do not mind paying more for quality. I want perfection in all that i do. I demand it from myself in my business and I require it from the places i spend my money.

I was under the impression that the 457 was produced here in the US. I do not own one yet. I've owned a few CZ handguns and was satisfied with them. So, if CZ maintains top shelf quality and its made in the USA then its a win!

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 10-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i would prefer to leave things, as is. Not saying that the current CZ can't be improved, but I do think there is a significant chance that going with a CZ made in the U.S. could make things worse. No thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I think the having a CZ plant in the United States will
be a bonus for all of us with what gets made here. The $64 question is is this just going to be an assembly plant or this going to be a full-fledged manufacturing plant. Either way I think we're going to is going to be good for us. They might be able to do special runs that we've been asking for for years. Time will tell.

Signalman
Old 10-15-2019, 11:09 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live very close by the new site. I share the same concerns on quality going downhill. I have seen very few things increase in quality when changes are made such as this. On the other hand I have hope that it will remain the same or improve in some regard. Iím also hopeful they need some sort of medic or nurse on site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2019, 11:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I'm not sure how things will be impacted, but I'm happy that there is another firearms plant going up in the USA.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:15 AM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When is it due to open?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 AM
KB22RF

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I find some of the negative comments kind of disturbing. Not saying they are wrong but if americans can't make a good gun then what can we do well? Also think we need to give them a chance before rushing to judgement.

Some BMW's are made here. Can't afford one but I don't think they went skidding downhill.

I think with proper training there is no reason to believe the rifles coming out of the usa can't be good. I doubt the typical CZ made in Europe was put together by master craftsman.

Lastly, my 457 varmint was made in the CZ republic, I bought it in April so don't know where current ones will be made.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Bird-Dog

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Cheap Price
Good Quality
Made in USA

Pick any two.

Is there any doubt that "Made in USA" quality CAN rival (or surpass) any in the world? Ya' just have to be willing to pay for it. It's the broad market forces we create as consumers and our demand for lower prices that prevent it from being the norm.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When Honda started building cars in the US, people said the quality would go down but it didn't. It didn't because Honda as a global company was not going to let that happen to it's reputation. I had a Japan built Fit and now have a Mexican built Fit. The Mexican one is just as good as the Japanese one. If CZ has a culture of quality, the US plant will be run just as well and produce just as good a gun as in the Czech Republic. If it is a cost cutting exercise by a company that does not value quality it will be inferior. The only way to know is to wait and see what is produced. Speaking of which, when and what rifles or pistols is it expected to produce?
Old 10-15-2019, 12:29 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Unless something has changed the plant is to make Pistols with the US Police Market a primary target, in particular the P-10C, things can change but that was the original annoucement.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:32 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
My current understanding is that it will be pistol production only.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
GMD1950, thanks for that info. Don't they make those pistols in Kansas City already? That's what I heard on another forum but can't remember which.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 PM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1522steelshooter View Post
When is it due to open?
March 2020
Old 10-15-2019, 01:54 PM
1dogdown
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
GMD1950, thanks for that info. Don't they make those pistols in Kansas City already? That's what I heard on another forum but can't remember which.
K.C.is just an import facility employing like 56.The Arkansas plant will be the first plant outside Czech Rebublic.