Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Camaro

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
No need to appologize but that is very thoughtful of you to say. I am very happy to have a sweet trigger for cheap so I shouldnt conplains. And i actually only bought an $8 brownells extended mag release so im not out much. It just would be nice it ilthis trigger had the option. But if it really bugs me I could go with my BX trigger or another trigger option.
You just use the $8 brownells extended mag release on the NEXT build. I think thats how this Rimfire addiction goes.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:33 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post
You just use the $8 brownells extended mag release on the NEXT build. I think thats how this Rimfire addiction goes.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:06 PM
chinaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know what you mean. I once built a pistol because I seen a good deal on sights.

I thinknI know what I want to build #2 already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 02:15 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have 9 custom builds plus all the ones for my kids and grandkids. Think I have built 26. Too much fun
Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Grapo13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got my trigger assembly. Inserted into the receiver great but it is not fitting into my laminate stock as it should. It seemes like something is catching and is too large. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:47 AM
NJGreg
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Follow up on my Jard trigger group,,,

Just got back form the range,,, horrible. Went from a very reliable gun last week with 1 ft fire out of 350 rounds to about 30% fail fires and/or ft eject with nothing different but the trigger group.

And the icing on the cake is it went into full auto on me. With a light trigger pull it will give a 3 or 4 shot burst until it fails to fire or eject.

This will be going back, was really hoping this would be sweet.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGreg View Post
Follow up on my Jard trigger group,,,

Just got back form the range,,, horrible. Went from a very reliable gun last week with 1 ft fire out of 350 rounds to about 30% fail fires and/or ft eject with nothing different but the trigger group.

And the icing on the cake is it went into full auto on me. With a light trigger pull it will give a 3 or 4 shot burst until it fails to fire or eject.

This will be going back, was really hoping this would be sweet.
Thats to bad I'm sorry you had issues with yours. It may be worth talking to JARD themselves about the problem if your not completely turned off the trigger. They do replace the internals from the slidefire units to the normal Sportsman at a very resonable cost last I talked to them. The slidefire ones we're made to slidefires specs and some people have reported issues with them. they one I had worked fine but the 3 that were actually jard sportmans were a nicer trigger once they broke in.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2019, 03:32 PM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
UPDATE - I shot my 10/22 for the first time today with the Jard Sportsman trigger. It worked fine for maybe 40-50 rounds or so then the trigger failed to reset. It would reload properly but not reset the trigger. I spoke with Dean from Jard, and he said these were originally Slidefire units being resold by RW Arms without the complete updated parts which is why Iím experiencing problems. He said they would correct the problem installing updated parts but cost would be $15 and $5 for return shipping. I also sent an email to RW Arms about matter but havenít heard back from them yet. Debating whether Iíd just like a refund from RW or would want Jard to do the update. Curious to know if other who ordered have fired their guns with this trigger and have experienced the same problem.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:35 PM
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
RW finally got back to me today and is going to resolve my bad one on Monday. I plan on using my good one this weekend just to be sure it's good.

Update.

Took the good trigger and put it in my KIDD Charger. Only had time for one mag as a storm was rolling in. Worked great and was light enough. It does sit a bit lower than other trigger but easy to get used to. Had some machine marks I could feel on the pull. Hopefully they smooth out itself or I'll persuade it.

Last edited by nodak; 07-12-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:23 PM
NJGreg
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingskeetman View Post
UPDATE - I shot my 10/22 for the first time today with the Jard Sportsman trigger. It worked fine for maybe 40-50 rounds or so then the trigger failed to reset. It would reload properly but not reset the trigger. I spoke with Dean from Jard, and he said these were originally Slidefire units being resold by RW Arms without the complete updated parts which is why I’m experiencing problems. He said they would correct the problem installing updated parts but cost would be $15 and $5 for return shipping. I also sent an email to RW Arms about matter but haven’t heard back from them yet. Debating whether I’d just like a refund from RW or would want Jard to do the update. Curious to know if other who ordered have fired their guns with this trigger and have experienced the same problem.
As I posted earlier, mine was ft fire, ft eject and then went into full auto on me. Tried calling rw earlier and phone said to busy, send email which I did requesting sending unit back for a refund. That was 11:25 this morning, will give them a couple/few days to respond.

Just removed my jard to put the stock unit back in for tomorrow range time,, the jard trigger fires upon releasing trigger after it resets. Will just push for a return of it.

Last edited by NJGreg; 07-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:43 PM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I donít know that Iíd trust RW to repair it properly, Iím sure all of them theyíre selling have been modified the same. Might just be worth the $20 to have Jard do it properly and not have to worry about it anymore.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:27 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I got the 1.5 pound spring in from Jard for this trigger. Average of 5 pulls in the center of the trigger blade is 1lb 5oz. Just a tiny bit of creep but pretty smooth since I polished (no metal removed) the hammer and sear. Not a Kidd trigger by any means, but not bad and much better than a BX.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 PM
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I'll have to look into that spring.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:16 PM
chinaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone know how to work the bolt hold open button on this trigger? I just can't seem to make it work. It seems I really have to pull the bolt all the way back and then some to allow the button to catch and hold open the bolt. Even then it works like 25% of the time. Is there a trick I do not know?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With one of my 4 I had to remove some material with a stone on the rearward edge of the piece that comes up to allow it to get in front of the bolt. I think it is worth mentioning though that i tried 5 bolts and all but 1 would lock back before the modification.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk