Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:05 PM
IanC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 3 10/22 super stock

I have a few 10/22s, make that four now and have been slowly collecting parts for them for the last 15 years. Its been sort of a slow progression. I used to do the heavy barrel, tactical thing with expensive mods big optics etc.
Then a few years ago I decided just to go as close to factory as I could with open sights or basic optics after playing around with different things over the years, I decided I prefer a basic “traditional rifle”. I didn’t know I was building super stock until I posted a couple years ago in the 10/22 factory stock forum. Somebody there said I should post over here instead. Well time went on and I like talking about the rifles as much as I like shooting them so finally got around to posting, enjoy!

Stainless International model
I got this one from my brother, it was just a basic stainless barrel, stripped receiver and polymer trigger.
Haven’t really shot it a lot but have the sights set for 20 yards and scope at 50.
Added the following:
-Metal trigger unit which I stripped bare from another rifle I had with polished internals
-Weaver see through mounts with Simmons 3-9 will find a nicer scope some day though.
-Bedliner stock see Target model below
-Tuffer Buffer
- I even stripped the bluing off the sights although they have gone a dull grey

Target International
I bought this one second hand at a LGS, the stock was a little beat up so decided to strip it. I learned a lesson never strip a 10/22 birch stock! Some truly terrible wood is underneath the brown coating put on by Ruger. It never took a proper refinishing without looking just awful so coated it in bed liner, wish I would not have touched it! I also applied the liner in way too cool a temp so used a whole can but am actually quite surprised with the results Its got a really chunky texture and I’m happy enough with it. The rifle shoots better than I do at 25 yrds!
-Aperture front sight with Williams receiver peep.
-DIY Trigger mods, Tuffer Buffer
- Recently switched this stock with the laminate one I have pictured above

Compact model
I also got this rifle from my brother who is a collector, It came with polymer trigger and random stock. I have been messing around with this one for a while and it shoots really nicely. I kept the trigger more or less as is but don’t notice the heavy pull in the field or informal plinking.
I added the following:
-Williams aftermarket fiber optic sights
-Axiom stock
-Muzzle protector which was a flash hider I cut the bird cage off of.
-Choate handguard which I installed since the Williams sight is so high, it sort of blends it in.
-Tuffer Buffer

Sporter Deluxe model I guess, just got this one.
Not really sure what im going to do with this one may just upgrade the sights its growing on me.
-10/22 Sporter barrel, receiver and trigger
-Boat paddle stock with plastic barrel band.

Heres the wifes alternate stock for the stainless model she thought It would be fun to design a stock I made it just as she asked.

Last edited by IanC; 01-30-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:53 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sensible guns to have fun with I'd happily play with any of them.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:15 AM
IanC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update

Yeah i like them simple more or less, i had a heavy barrel model with fancy stock etc but realized what i had into it and sold it, remembering its still just a .22

Last edited by IanC; 01-31-2019 at 10:06 AM.