Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:40 AM
mgresh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PPQ M2 .22

I can't say enough about this gun. I've only had it about six months and around 500 rounds. So far, zero malfunctions of any kind shooting all CCI Mini Mags.

I also have a Ruger SR22 (for a little more than two years) that is a great gun as well, but my wife has claimed it as hers. I wanted to get another .22 handgun, and after a lot of research, decided on the Walther PPQ. Boy am I glad I did. It has quickly become my favorite handgun.

Doesn't seem to be too many out there. I know the P22 was very popular and had some issue. This new PPQ seems to be the upgrade and better version of the P22. Anyone else have experience with one with more rounds through it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PPQ 22.jpg (136.4 KB, 106 views)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 AM
fwood
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had one for about 6 months too. Maybe 500 rounds through it. Great shooter for sure. Looks to be same internal build as my S&W MP22 (not the compact). That is another great shooter. I don't see many of the PPQ 22's around, but I haven't really looked for another since I got mine. I've had no malfunctions with my pistol and I also shoot CCI Mini-Max in it.
Everyone that has shot it likes it. I did put Talon grips on mine and like it better that way. I also have a PPQ M2 9mm with the Talons on it as well. The 9mm was the reason I went looking for the 22. Both great pistols IMO.

Last edited by fwood; 12-06-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:48 PM
atrox88
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The PPQ .22 is on the short list as my next rimfire pistol. I have had an SR-22 for about a year (which the wife calls her own) so I am in need of my own. I have read up on the PPQ and hear good things about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 10:24 PM
Clydedog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
...My all time favorite rimfire pistol has got to be the Walther PPQ M2 22lr. It is the exact size a the 9mm PPQ (which is great because I have big hands), it carries 12+1 rounds rather than the usual 10+1, has a great trigger, is ultra accurate, flawlessly reliable (after over 4000+ rounds, so far, of cheap 15 year old Wally-World Federal el cheapo ammo) , comes with a rail for lights/lasers and, last but not least, it comes threaded for a muzzle device/suppressor. This pistol flat out rocks! It's perfect for teaching new shooters pistol marksmanship with a full size/weight pistol but it won't bore experienced shooters. I love the idea of the threaded barrel, this thing will make a perfect suppressor host. If you are looking for a rimfire pistol, give this one a close look...

Old 12-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just found a 5"one (used but unfired) this week. It's the first I've ever run across. I couldn't say no! I have great hopes for it.

Last edited by Tacoma; 12-23-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:10 AM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther makes the full size Smith M&P 22 and it is similar to the PPQ internally.

I've fired the Smith and it was accurate and ran 100%. I'm sure the Walther runs just as well and I much prefer the external design of the Walther.