Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Zealousky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Volquartsen treated me right

I started another thread a couple of weeks ago about getting a new 22 TD, my first 10/22. I'm on a budget but wanted to make the best I could of the rifle so I bought a VQ barrel mounted rail from a seller on Ebay as my first step. When I got it in I took it to my cousin, a machinist, to tap the Lite barrel and fit it on. As we were fooling with it we noticed that the rail doesn't work on a take-down unit, it hits the receiver when rotating it. I was a little down but I sent an email to VQ customer service fairly late in the day expecting a reply sometime the next week. To my surprise Scott himself emailed me back within a few minutes. Shortly thereafter we had arranged to get the shorter rail back to VQ and exchange it for a cantilevered rail like they use on their custom take-down barrels. It came in today and I can't wait to get it to my cousin this weekend!

I just wanted to say thanks because such excellent customer service deserves to be publicly acknowledged.

Regards,
Z

P.S. If this should be posted somewhere else I apologize and humbly ask if the mods would move it.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Jfp350z

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good deal! Keep us posted, I plan on doing this exact same project on my lite.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Okidean
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have their carbon barrel set up for my TD and love it. Accuracy is awesome and just a blast to shoot. No issues with it staying sighted in either. Let us know how it works for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Zealousky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jfp350z,

I'll let you know what happens. I'm dropping off the rifle and rail with my cousin tomorrow. Hopefully he will get to it soon. I have a bugbuster scope on the way from Amazon.
When you buy the rail you may want to go direct to Volquartsen. I don't see the rail for the takedown on the website seperately from the barrel and the one on the website doesn't work with the takedown. Scott was great though.

Okidean
That's good to hear. I wish I could have afforded a barrel, but moneys tight until my wife gets out of school. I will definitely have to spend more with them when I have more.

Regards,
Z
Old 03-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Jfp350z

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Right on Z,

Talked with Scott last Friday and he gave me the same deal you got. Should be getting it tomorrow or the next. One interesting thing he told me was the hole pattern is different on the "high mount" rail compared to the one on their website. Hope to have it mounted by this weekend. I'll check back in once mine is mounted also.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Zealousky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got the gun in shooting shape. My cousin finished tapping the barrel for the rail last Friday and I just found time to finish getting the scope mounted today. The scope sits a little higher than I am used to, but I had some old Nikon rings lying around that allowed me to move it further back to get the proper eye relief. Now I just have to find time to get it dialed in.

As money allows I'm going to get the trigger done, then possibly a new bolt or one of the new Magpul Backpacker stocks.

Pics:

Still fits in the bag! (With a little rearrangement):

Good shooting,

Z
Old 04-07-2017, 10:59 AM
tjweeks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been putting various Volquartsen parts on my Takedown. I have talked (email) with the VQ people and they are great. Very good products and very good customer service. They are a pleasure to do business with.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:22 AM
hayes1966
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That is a very nice setup.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:33 AM
drshame

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
+2 for VQ Customer Service.
Had a project with a Browning Buckmark of mine.
They added their upgrades in a timely manner and the cost was right where they said it would be. Quick Turn-around and the work was done correctly the first time.
Downside is it looks like they are getting out of Buckmark products now.
Too bad.
My Buckmark has their adjustable trigger, enhanced extractor and target hammer. It's turned into quite a precision pistol with a few other extras too.