Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Smithjss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rugerless 10/22 Takedown Build

Hello

I've been a long time lurker and beneficiary of the knowledgeable membership base here @ RFC for a while so thank you for the insights, content and expertise up to this point.

Historically, I shoot mostly centerfire but recently decided to add a rimfire or two to my cache as I hadn't really owned one since my youth (read a while back), the economics along with sheer pleasure of the little round sealed the deal. For transparency, I'm not a competitive shooter, LE or .mil but simply enjoy shooting sports, the outdoors and tinkering with firearms in general. We also live on a sizable dairy farm while no longer in operation, has it's share of yotes, bobbcats etc.

Here are my build specs:

- Tac Sol x-ring TD receiver
- Tac Sol x-ring TD barrel
- Volquartsen TG2000 trigger group (love the trigger)
- Magpul X-22 Hunter TD chassis
- Docter Optik red dot
- Nikon P-22 2-7x32 BDC
- Tac Sol Tru-Tac rings

With that, here are some obligatory pics of the rifle.

Takedown

Optics

Assembled

Trigger group detail

Interface is very well toleranced between receiver-barrel-forearm-buttstock without any discernible wobble

As a side note, I had a S.O. Tech A1 Go Bag unoccupied so I have been using it for the TD. The rifle fits extremely well with room to spare. I use the insert from S.O. Tech however and highly recommend this if you plan to use it with a glassed optic.

Profile of bag and scale with the 22/45

I've put around 200 flawless rounds through this setup to work through everything and get the scope, rings and stock set up. I plan to dial the scope in this weekend and try out the Nikon Spot On app (We'll see).

Next up will be deciding on a can to be used with the TD and 22/45. I've tried the Spectre, Sparrow and Element but am looking into the Dead Air Mask. It seems to check a lot of the boxes and the quality looks solid. A lot of great rimfire options out there today.

So that's it for now but thanks again for the forum and I look forward to continuing to learn and share with the community.

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Sinkhole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice rifle and pistol. I love the color combo it looks really good. I also love the pistol and am a bit jealous as I can not have a threaded barrel on a pistol in this miserable state. It would be considered an "Assault Weapon".
Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 PM
timboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkhole View Post
Very nice rifle and pistol. I love the color combo it looks really good. I also love the pistol and am a bit jealous as I can not have a threaded barrel on a pistol in this miserable state. It would be considered an "Assault Weapon".
A fellow NewYorker by chance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkhole View Post
A fellow NewYorker by chance?

Or possibly MA?
Old 04-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I completely forgot that TacSol made a receiver for the TD even though I have 2 TacSol stock and barrel TD combos. Might have to get a couple. I never bothered to try the 2000 trigger because of all the bad reviews it has got. How does yours compare to some of the other high end triggers, if you've had a chance to try others?
Old 04-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Sinkhole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Connecticut, but whats the difference, lol
Old 04-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Smithjss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I completely forgot that TacSol made a receiver for the TD even though I have 2 TacSol stock and barrel TD combos. Might have to get a couple. I never bothered to try the 2000 trigger because of all the bad reviews it has got. How does yours compare to some of the other high end triggers, if you've had a chance to try others?
I haven't had a lot of experience with many trigger groups and read enough positive reviews on the 2000 to give it a go. So far, its been flawless and really breaks right where I want it to. So far, so good.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:50 PM
DevilDawg9904
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Very nice setup on both systems.

Ya done good.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Smithjss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks all for the kind words. Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:19 PM
kilyung

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Dead Air Mask is my favorite rimfire suppressor. Same size package as my Gemtech Outback IID but notably quieter to my ears. It is easy to disassemble and clean also. Just take it apart and throw the baffles in a tumbler.