Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:13 PM
RicMc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
.22 Cal single shot Pistol

Does anyone make a reproduction of the break open single shots like stevens used to produce?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:41 PM
DWARREN123

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rexio used to make break open single shots in all sorts of calibers, I have seen break opens at gun shows, haven't noticed the brand.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:40 PM
CharlesC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dixie Gun Works had them at one time. Give 'em a call, they might just still have one in the back room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Slowalkintexan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Texas' beautiful hill country, Michigan's golden left coast.
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rexio.....I have one.

I have one of the Rexio's. Probably less than 100 rounds through it.
Interested?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Seamus

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IIRC, several repros of the old Stevens have been sold over the years. The first ones that I recall were sold by the old "Hy Hunter" outfit and were made in Germany, I believe.

Dixie Gun Works had them for quite a while, but I don't recall seeing them in the catalog in the past couple of years. FWIW, I see them fairly often at gun shows locally.

Some other options in a single shot .22 pistol show up on the used market quite a bit.

There are the excellent Remington Rolling Block repros formerly made by Star Eschevarria in Spain and now available from Uberti. Very nicely made and rugged as all-get-out.

Lots of the Rexios in various calibers have been brought in recently. Pretty rudimentary, but very inexpensive and would likely make an adequate knock around plinker/utility tool.

In the same category would be the Mendoza pistols from Mexico. Harder to find, as there were only a limited number that were imported prior to changes in Mexican law which effectively eliminated their domestic market. Strange and wonderful curiosities if you can find one.

The old Savage 101 shows up now and again. Collector interest isn't high so prices for a nice one tend to be pretty reasonable.

Every now and then you see one of the old H&R "U.S.R.A." target pistols on a table. Prices for a nice one can be pretty steep, but they're superbly accurate and well-made.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I know it's not quite the same but when I bought my original Contender back in '77 or '78 it was for the same reason I chose .22 barrel (back then you could only get 8 3/4" and 10" octagon). First time I took it out I went for a looooong walk and went thru 450 rds! One at a time. I like single shots.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
2boyd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
single shoy pistol

You might think about one of the old s&w single shots
I bought a couple at local gun shows also one of the old stevens.
The smith shoots much better than the stevens, at least the one I bought
Boyd