Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:29 AM
RUGERHAWKEYE
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin 60

Sorry if this is in the wrong file but i haven't been on in awhile and don't know where i click to ask a question. I have a marlin 60 22lr that will not eject the empty and darn if i can figure out what ejects the empty. I have the extractors in correctly along with the springs so that isn't it. It will fire the first round then leave the empty on the face of the bolt and jam into the next round about midway of the cartridge. Anybody have a solution? Thanks for understanding............
Old 08-06-2015, 09:45 AM
oldoak2000

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGERHAWKEYE View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong file but i haven't been on in awhile and don't know where i click to ask a question. I have a marlin 60 22lr that will not eject the empty and darn if i can figure out what ejects the empty. I have the extractors in correctly along with the springs so that isn't it. It will fire the first round then leave the empty on the face of the bolt and jam into the next round about midway of the cartridge. Anybody have a solution? Thanks for understanding............
What ammo you shooting? make sure you are using a high-velocity round (nothing rated below 1100 fps or so).

And yep, you should have started a new thread, but WELCOME back to the forum!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Depending on age of rifle - https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=388240

If it's an earlier iteration, you may need to do the feedthroat conversion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2015, 12:14 PM
RUGERHAWKEYE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

Thanks for the replys. I gave up too soon, i went back out and found that the top end of the main spring controling the whatchamacallit hits the empty as the bolt travels rearward and pushes it out. I had to bend it up a bit to get it to hit the empty. I don't fool with 22's much and i don't visit this forum very often, my main toys are garands and carbines of wwii but neighbors know i tinker so any problems they have end up in my shop.