Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:55 AM
gorn5150
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1990 Papoose question

I just found my 1990 papoose that I forgot I had. I got it from the original owner a couple of weeks after he bought it. He fired 2 magazines through it and decided he didn't like guns. I traded a fixed blade knife for it.

My question is will the 795 magazines with the hold open function work in this older model? I only have 2 7 round mags for it and that just won't work. I need several more. I'm stuck needing 10 rounders since I live in such a firearms hostile state.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:15 PM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
iirc hold open will not work unless trigger guard is replaced + possible internal parts are replaced - there is a post on it here from awhile back -
Old 08-03-2015, 05:21 PM
toomanyguns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am 99% certain that the 795 mags will work in your Papoose. I sold my 1990 model and only have one of the newer stainless steel versions, so I can't say with absolute certainty that they will feed all 10 rounds. Find someone who has one that you can borrow and try.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
gorn5150
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
iirc hold open will not work unless trigger guard is replaced + possible internal parts are replaced - there is a post on it here from awhile back -
I'm sure the hold open feature won't work on this rifle. I was trying to find out if the magazines will still feed ammo in my version of the papoose.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
gorn5150
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyguns View Post
I am 99% certain that the 795 mags will work in your Papoose. I sold my 1990 model and only have one of the newer stainless steel versions, so I can't say with absolute certainty that they will feed all 10 rounds. Find someone who has one that you can borrow and try.
Thanks, I would think they would work too but I was hoping to be sure before ordering some.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Ithacabuff
US Navy Veteran Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I cannot say for sure but do think they will

work. I have a collection of Marlin Auto rifles and all of the older box mag rifles like the 70, 70HC, 989M2 take the modern nickel plate 10 rd magazines. But, I do not have a papoose so I do not know.