Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:08 AM
EWTHeckman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nikel 87 Target

There's a nickel plated 87 Target that showed up on GunBroker the other day. Did Beretta actually make nickel plated 87's? Or would this have to be a custom job?

I have to say that I like how it looks.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Richard King
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Some folks are willing to go, to great expense, to customise their guns.

I have a Browning Challenger II. It has been electroless nickel plated, and a 4" barrel. When I bought it, because of the quality of the work. I was willing to swear on a mountain of bibles, that it was factory original. Contacted the Browning historian in Utah. He told me that it was shipped as a standard Challenger II. Blued and a 5 1/2", barrel.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
kiwiVT

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
For a second (or two at most), I got excited about the same seller's nickel regular 87.

Then I realized any one can have any thing nickeled or hard chromed and then try to sell it at a high enough price to try to recoup their costs.

Translation: I'm sure it's not factory and I'm equally sure it's not worth the asking price.

Looks cool though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Deaconblue
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
That is a nice looking pistol. The seller seems to have a lot of Beretta pistols and parts for sale. I purchased an Inox 92fs frame from them as a dedicated host for my 22 conversion kit and it was immaculate. Is the 87T an all steel pistol or is the frame an alloy? I suppose it could be a nickel boron finish similar to Robar or CCR plating. They sell a few frames that have coatings but I don't know if they do them in house. I am one of those people who would spend a lot of money to customize a gun to make it the way that suits me. . I think $1500 is a little rich for me but if it was an 89T I would be more interested.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM
EWTHeckman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
Is the 87T an all steel pistol or is the frame an alloy?
According to the manual, the frame is an alloy. Only the barrel and action parts are steel. The barrel sleeve and weight are all alloy.

I used to have one many years ago, and I would love to get another one when finances permit.