eTrigger Adjustable Electronic Trigger System - Page 28 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 PM
BulZi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Stock and OAL

A long (extendable) stock is needed to make Federal OAL requirements. Federal rules state that OAL is measured with a stock unfolded/extended/telescoped to its longest adjustment point.

However, not all state laws are written the same way. Michigan for one has special SBR laws, but things are changing currently. Michigan has very particular state laws on short anything, and they state (or at least they used to state) that the stock had to be longer than X in the folded state.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-legalization/

A 16"+ of any type will work, just ordered a Beyer threaded 7075 aluminum 16.5" myself.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM
telero

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just finished reading through this entire thread. Very cool idea, both the electronic trigger as well as the bullpup design.

I'm not an electrical engineer by any means, but I did come up with a question about powering the trigger:

There are some wireless wall switches now available that are able to generate enough power just from the actuation of the switch to power up, generate a signal, and transmit it to a receiver...which can then do any number of things.

I'm curious if the actuation of the bolt in the 10/22 could be harnessed to generate a charge that would allow the electronic trigger to work? Each shot could possibly generate the power needed for the subsequent shot? The initial shot could be charged by cycle the bolt to load the chamber from the magazine?

If it's actually possible it may not be possible with the drop-in unit where there are constraints in the factory receiver. But maybe with a fully redesigned receiver used in this bullpup configuration?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:02 PM
BulZi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
power generation and harvesting onboard

If I were designing my own bolt from scratch (which would increase production costs, and make it harder to guarantee future-proof parts availability for the next 500 years), then I would slug some part of the reciprocating bolt assembly with a magnet and run it through a high-turn-count coil.

http://www.google.com/patents/US7525203

This explains how to do it. At least one guy built an onboard battery charger for an AR-15 and published pictures on the web, can't find them now.

There is plenty of energy in the moving bolt relative to the amount of energy that is required to fire the electro-mechanism. However, capturing intermittent mechanical energy on either a push or push-pull stroke and converting efficiently to electricity is nontrivial. Really high gauss magnets don't like heat either, so you might have to use lower strength magnets for better heat tolerance. You could also tap gas from the barrel a few inches from the crown and propel a magnet rearward in a bore above the barrel, and have it on a long spring, so that it oscillates a few times over a long stroke. You could make a gun that uses an electromechanism to unlock the bolt and chamber the next round, and have a very very indirect impingement system that way.

You can also put thermoelectric generators on the barrel or forestock with the barrel as the heat reservoir and ambient as the cold.

We may do this in the future, but for now, hard to beat many thousands of shots from cheap available batteries.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 PM
browndogent
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fantastic!!!!!
PM on the way

[QUOTE=High&Dry;5063822]
We will do something special for everyone that purchased a drop in eTrigger...certainly they will have priority on any builds.

I'm hoping we can take preorders in Sept. with shipping in time for Christmas...but we have a lot of logistics to work out.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High&Dry View Post
This is why its taken so long to get the eTrigger Bullpup off the drawing board..
Bulzi has been designing & building the first multi-shot Robotic EOD Disrupter (MRED). The MRED is designed to be mounted on a man-portable robot, its capable of 8 shots or 7 water shots with remote auto-loading of the water shots. Bomb Techs often load the barrel with water to blow apart the object. The rail is a recoil mitigation system, these rounds are 5~7x what you'd find in std sporting loads, a recoil system keeps the robot from flipping or breaking apart.
This MRED adds new capabilities and reduces mission time considerably, therefore reducing exposure of the Bomb Technicians.

Back to the 10/22 Bullpup. You can see more assembly pics on facebook.
well I got to see this item this past week. with me having been involved in the EOD field for 30 years I'd say I'm difficult to impress with something new. I have to see it and get a sense of it.
well impressed would be selling this multishot way short!! not going to get into the details but its obvious that these gentlemen did their homework. whats really cool is that they didn't have to sell it to me as it sells itself. I got to talk with them several times last week and was dang happy to meet them and converse with them. gents the door is open; give me a shout anytime ya hear.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
You gonna get you one of those Que?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Que
RFC Sponsor
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
You gonna get you one of those Que?
hey buddy

I predict that where I work will get one if not more of them.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
jeepguy812
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is going places. I don't know where but it's going places.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 PM
BulZi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
anodized and ready to go

back from the anodizer.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:49 AM
JJW

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Price yet?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:18 PM
98_1LE

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
And where do I send payment?

I assume the end user needs to supply a bolt, recoil assembly and barrel? Is it close enough that sourcing those makes sense? I'll probably go all KIDD.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:34 PM
BulZi

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Plan as of now is to build complete fully assembled rifles. Of course, should be compatible with most aftermarket parts.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hey my friend your rifle has come a long way from those earliest ones.

Folks I have used every trigger out there and built a number my self but NONE of them match this electronic trigger. Nothing is like it. No mechanical trigger can do what BulZi's trigger does.

I am happy to say I had a chance to say I shot it a couple years ago.

Above that it would be very hard to find a brighter or nicer young man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 10-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
So when you're famous we can all say we knew you way back when.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Could happen to BulZi......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk