Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:04 PM
sambull
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow!

Why didn't you guys tell me how fun it is to shoot this pistol?! Bought a used SR22 last week and finally got it out to shoot it, sad that I forget how fun it is to shoot a 22. Ammo shortage be ****ed, I'm tapping into my stock. It has a threaded barrel and 3 mags, and the previous owner even threw in some ammo. I shot some of my own remington standard vel stuff and was pleased that it stayed subsonic (absolutely giggle quiet through a suppressor). It's just a fun little plinking gun and I'm tickled to finally have one. Sorry to anyone who has one and it doesn't cooperate for them, but I'm sold - one of my best gun purchases!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:53 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Ah, another happy rimfire experience. This is the kind of shooting joy that keeps us all shooting rimfires.

I must admit that I don't have an SR22, but I have been tempted. However, whenever I shoot my CZ Kadet, I get the same feeling as you expressed, sambull, from shooting your SR22.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Jwp721

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think most of us quit trying to convince people to buy an SR 22 a long time ago. I tired of the back and forth comments anytime someone tried to defend the SR back when it was first released and had a few issues.

Instead I just enjoy shooting my SR every chance I get and letting others try it out at the range. Over 6,000 rounds and fired by a dozen or more individuals. Its a pure pleasure, extremely safe, easy to clean, pretty darn accurate pistol.

Congrats on your SR. Try some steel shooting with it. That is a blast!

Last edited by Jwp721; 05-14-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
ohlongarm

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambull View Post
Why didn't you guys tell me how fun it is to shoot this pistol?! Bought a used SR22 last week and finally got it out to shoot it, sad that I forget how fun it is to shoot a 22. Ammo shortage be ****ed, I'm tapping into my stock. It has a threaded barrel and 3 mags, and the previous owner even threw in some ammo. I shot some of my own remington standard vel stuff and was pleased that it stayed subsonic (absolutely giggle quiet through a suppressor). It's just a fun little plinking gun and I'm tickled to finally have one. Sorry to anyone who has one and it doesn't cooperate for them, but I'm sold - one of my best gun purchases!
Over 1100 hundred rds through mine,thunderbolts the bulk of and recently new improved Remmy goldens,not 1(hiccup) to date,and to think I never liked anything with the Ruger nametag,funny how things change.PS my RAR compact in 22 mag ain't too shabby either.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 AM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yup, lots of fun to shoot.

Took mine out yesterday and shoot a couple hundred rounds through it.

Last edited by mac66; 05-21-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:03 PM
hadaclueonce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
don't tell anyone....

if everyone knows how good the SR22 really is, it will make the price go up.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Old Dutch
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wonder why the guy sold it (used) to you? Maybe needed some quick cash, but I would never sell mine unless I was desparate. Excellent little pistols
Old 05-25-2014, 02:09 AM
diesel187

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My SR-22 is the only gun that goes with me to the range every trip.......I cant get enough of it
Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 AM
williamwallace
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Love this pistol. When my wife puts it down long enough for me to shoot.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:20 PM
jackjr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First pistol my daughter ever shot and her first trip to an indoor range. She put 400 rounds through it and loved it. Her arms were sore the next day, not from recoil but from holding her arms up for an hour and a half. Ours usually goes to the range every time and the only real problem was the broken take down lever that let the slide fly downrange. Ruger repaired that and there have been no problems since.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:33 PM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[tk]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambull View Post
You should check out the Wingman Bumpers we offer. The Wingman adds +5 Capacity to your mag, extends the bottom of the mag for bigger grip. And Installation is a snap
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 PM
gascolator

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDEMKROSS View Post
You should check out the Wingman Bumpers we offer. The Wingman adds +5 Capacity to your mag, extends the bottom of the mag for bigger grip. And Installation is a snap
Thank you... no.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:45 PM
williamwallace
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDEMKROSS View Post
Added these to All my mags. Love the 5 extra rounds they provide. Very well. Made and simple to install. The slight extension is perfect for my Large hands too.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:29 PM
ditto1958

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have one yet, but it's on my wish list. Don't think I've read a bad review on it yet. It's competitors from Walther and SIG consistently get slammed in forums for being jam-o-matics. The Ruger comes with two magazines while most competitors only include one (and extras are often expensive and hard to find).
Old 07-26-2014, 12:29 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gascolator View Post
Thank you... no.
I gotta agree with you. The only thing I can see those doing, is to line somebodies pockets, and waste "hard-to-find" .22 rimfire ammunition. I'll save my extra $$$$$ and buy a couple more magazines.