Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:50 AM
at2wooden
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Send a message via AIM to at2wooden
Need a Weaver T-10 manual

Anyone got a Weaver T-10 manual (El Paso)?
I am putting one on my [email protected]
Any sources for sunshades or lens caps?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Sonolou
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a manual for an El Paso Weaver T-10. (I can't believe I actually found it)

It's not for sale but if you'd like, PM your email address to me and I'll send you a scanned copy. The paper has yellowed, and it looks a bit moth-eaten, but is still very readable.

For what it's worth, my T-10 was mounted on a tang safety Ruger 77 heavy barrel .308 that I bought used back in the mid-80's. I like the rifle a lot, but that T-10 remains my favorite scope of all time. It has the fine crosshair with a dot reticle.

It also came with lens caps. I don't have it in front of me right now, but remember that the caps were hard molded plastic that were connected by elastic and fit the lenses very well. The front also has a T molded into it.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:56 PM
at2wooden

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Thanks for the offer.
PM sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Sonolou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I find it interesting that I had to jump through a few hoops to offer what limited resources I possess.

The OP, at2wooden, was right there with a "thank you", and I was thrilled to be able to help him out with something. That's what we're supposed to be about.

The same day, I fulfilled 2 other reguests with nary an acknowledgement. I realize it's a small thing, but is it so hard to reply with a "thanks". That's what keeps the free-flow going.

Now I remember why I lurk instead of post.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM
foxfirejem

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolou View Post
I find it interesting that I had to jump through a few hoops to offer what limited resources I possess.

The OP, at2wooden, was right there with a "thank you", and I was thrilled to be able to help him out with something. That's what we're supposed to be about.

The same day, I fulfilled 2 other reguests with nary an acknowledgement. I realize it's a small thing, but is it so hard to reply with a "thanks". That's what keeps the free-flow going.

Now I remember why I lurk instead of post.
Sonolou - I would like to offer an apology for the rudeness of the ones who were not thoughtful enough to send you their thanks to you for your help. Although I have not been the recipient of your unselfish generosity, I would just like to thank you for being so willing to share your knowledge and resources with the members of the RFC Mossberg Forum.

Please do not just be a lurker. As a group, we all benefit from each one of us sharing whatever we have to offer in order to help others. We are a close knit core group of Mossberg enthusiast on this forum and the thoughtfulness and generosity of many goes far and above what one would expect to receive. I know because I have been the recipient of this kindness on multiple occasions. I can assure you that if, and when, you may be in need of help all you need to do is to ask and more than one of us will jump in feet first to offer it.

James
Old 05-21-2014, 08:10 AM
mossaddict
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
t10 manual

Thanks for the T10 manual.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:28 AM
at2wooden

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
The information you provided was a big help, especially in regards to the AO.
I didn't really expect to find this manual at all, but knew if I could find it that this was the place. Thanks again, please don't be a stranger.
If you go, how can we return the favor?

Last edited by at2wooden; 05-21-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by at2wooden View Post
The information you provided was a big help, especially in regards to the AO.
I didn't really expect to find this manual at all, but knew if I could find it that this was the place. Thanks again, please don't be a stranger.
If you go, how can we return the favor?

PM returned to Howard
Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Sonolou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like it was a big deal. When I saw the original request, I said to myself "I think I have that" and was very happy to be able to contribute something. In fact, I come to this site everyday for the vast knowledge that is available. I don't sign-in often, because I rarely have anything to offer. I watch, I read, and I learn from some of the best.

At the same time, I don't think a simple thank you is out of order. After all, we claim to be a community and common courtesy should be ingrained in every aspect of our lives. Then again, I'm an old fart when such ritual was commonplace.

Now that I'm down from my soapbox, ya'll can still come over for a beer and shoot my sweet, sweet 144LSA.

No apologizes needed, no harm no foul...done and done.

My best,
Old 05-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Sparks1954
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sonolou, I felt the same way last week, I guy needed a CMP shipping box with the foam, I had one and told the guy that I would ship it too him for the price of postage. He of course agreed, great deal for him, I was in the middle of a rain gutter project and wanted to finish it first, and that it might be a few days.

"Let me get in the mail tomorrow, I am in the middle of a rain gutter project, and I will let you know how much, Yes I do have PayPal."

He replies; Same Day
"That will be great if you could mail it today. Let me know what I owe you and where to send payment."

I replied; Following day
"when the torrential rain stops I will mail it, You seem to be rather impatient, i said I would mail it today in my response yesterday? "

He Replies
"Don't need the attitude keep your box. I was trying to be nice and get you your money."

Well at this point I thought boy did I step on his toes, so I said, the shipping is on me.

I replied back
"I just stuck the label on the package and now that the rain has let up I was heading out the door, but your choice, let me know if you want it or not."

He replied
"Yes I want it."

So I mailed it and followed the tracking to ensure that is was delivered, after I was sure that it had indeed been delivered, I sent a PM asking if he had gotten the package?

No response since 15 May
Old 05-21-2014, 05:54 PM
at2wooden

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
It's the world we live in these days.
I sure could use a cold one and a few magazines to empty.

Last edited by at2wooden; 05-23-2014 at 09:13 AM.