Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 AM
cprher
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"New" Kart 22 Target Pistol

In 1974 thru 1978 I shot on the West Point Pistol Team. One of several guns I used during that period was a Kart. He was a personal friend of the Coach, MSG Heugatter and help the team out in a variety of ways over the time I was there. I got rid of the Kart after I graduated but always wanted another. I finally got my wish.

The first two pictures are of the gun before being worked on by my gunsmith David Sams in Cartersville, VA. Mechanically it was good to go but frankly had not been taken care of very well over the years. The original build was so so, and frankly the scate board tape kind of turned me off. I obtained a second Kart upper in a straight trade for a Marvel Precision upper, and sent all of it to David for his eval. I would have been quite happy if only one useable unit was the result, so I was extremely happy when he told me both shot superbly at 50 yards and both were mechanically sound.

The second set of pictures is the final product that David sent me. I could not be happier with the results and with how the gun shoots. It's not my first line competition gun - I'm too satisfied with the Marvels I shoot to change - this is one superb collectible.

Last edited by cprher; 02-20-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
You are a fortunate man to own two of Fred's little wonders, mine on a Gold Cup frame was a far better pistol than I deserved. Very nice.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
mitty

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a couple of those myself.My favorite pistols.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 05:42 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Oh, no! I don't need to learn about this! Those are gorgeous pistols!

RFC is a wicked, wicked place. The rimfire universe is full of too many fine firearms, and I don't have the time and money to learn about another.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM
saleen322
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprher View Post
In 1974 thru 1978 I shot on the West Point Pistol Team. One of several guns I used during that period was a Kart. He was a personal friend of the Coach, MSG Heugatter and help the team out in a variety of ways over the time I was there. I got rid of the Kart after I graduated but always wanted another. I finally got my wish.

The first two pictures are of the gun before being worked on by my gunsmith David Sams in Cartersville, VA. Mechanically it was good to go but frankly had not been taken care of very well over the years. The original build was so so, and frankly the scate board tape kind of turned me off. I obtained a second Kart upper in a straight trade for a Marvel Precision upper, and sent all of it to David for his eval. I would have been quite happy if only one useable unit was the result, so I was extremely happy when he told me both shot superbly at 50 yards and both were mechanically sound.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I learned something as I had never heard of a Kart pistol. I knew they made the barrel to beat in 45s but not the pistol. Great looking pistols.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Last I heard Fred was alive and kicking in Shallotte NC, I believe his son has taken over the company, Fred was always a treat to talk with.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 AM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
Oh, no! I don't need to learn about this! Those are gorgeous pistols!

RFC is a wicked, wicked place. The rimfire universe is full of too many fine firearms, and I don't have the time and money to learn about another.
I'm with ya on that! My rimfire bucket list is a mile long.

Those are some fabulous pistols!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 AM
cprher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just added a pictured showing the rear detail.