help me pick SR22 pistol or S&W M&P22... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:19 PM
robtgom

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
help me pick SR22 pistol or S&W M&P22...

I strolled into the LGS looking to see if they had the new Ruger SR22 pistol. The owner did not have it yet but was going to talk to his distributor this afternoon. He did show me the S&W M&P22, (for $419), nice feel, nice sights, about what I would expect in the Ruger. If I could respectfully ask your opinions on either pistol, it would be much appreciated. This would be my second handgun, Mark III (6.5" standard). My philosophy of use, trail gun for hiking, fishing, plinking, training for kids and girlfriend, and if need be to deliver the coup de grace when hunting.
thanks for your help!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
cmichael

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtgom View Post
I strolled into the LGS looking to see if they had the new Ruger SR22 pistol. The owner did not have it yet but was going to talk to his distributor this afternoon. He did show me the S&W M&P22, (for $419), nice feel, nice sights, about what I would expect in the Ruger. If I could respectfully ask your opinions on either pistol, it would be much appreciated. This would be my second handgun, Mark III (6.5" standard). My philosophy of use, trail gun for hiking, fishing, plinking, training for kids and girlfriend, and if need be to deliver the coup de grace when hunting.
thanks for your help!
I have both M&P22 and SR22, They both are nice plinker, the sights on the SR22 is better than M&P22, I like it both, If you are using for trail gun for hiking, plinking and training or kids, Get the SR22, they come with 2 size grip, its only 17 1/2 oz compare to M&P22, 25 oz and the grip too large for kids, If I have to choose one, will be SR22.

I also have a P22, I like the SR22 better, you will be happy camper with the SR22
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Blue Ridge Reef
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If you want the AR look, go with the M&P I guess. I sold mine, I never liked the way it felt, shot, or aimed. I've handled airsoft rifles that felt more solid. A third option would always be to build from scratch or upgrade a 10/22! You can have everything you want, nothing you don't, and have exactly the budget you choose in it... But to be honest, I have pretty much doubled my planned budget by the time I've finished my builds so far! But it sure is rewarding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 PM
crispy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtgom View Post
thanks for your help!
Wow. That's $50 overpriced.

For $310 the SR22 is a better deal. The smaller form factor is perfect for my wife and the boys.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM
varoadking
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
If you want the AR look, go with the M&P I guess. I sold mine, I never liked the way it felt, shot, or aimed. I've handled airsoft rifles that felt more solid. A third option would always be to build from scratch or upgrade a 10/22! You can have everything you want, nothing you don't, and have exactly the budget you choose in it... But to be honest, I have pretty much doubled my planned budget by the time I've finished my builds so far! But it sure is rewarding.
I believe he's referring to the M&P22 pistol...