Dec. NRA Light Rifle & NRA Smallbore Position Match (Post your Scores and Photos) - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
cowboy4
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Merry Christmas

98-7X Prone - cowboy4 Sharpshooter ('nuther score towards Expert)

Smallbore T-Class
Remington 40-X, WMT, Swift 6.5-20 (shot at 20X)
A-23 target at 50 yards
Both of the shots I dropped on the first target....I knew when I pulled the trigger. Which begs the question, "Then why pull the TRIGGER?"

351-8X - Sharpshooter

Smallbore T-Class
Remington 40-X, WMT, Swift 6.5-20 (shot at 20X)
A-23 target at 50 yards
Pay no attention to the score scribbled on the targets (I suffered multiple bouts of screw-upitis). The correct scores (I think..) are: Prone-96-4X, Standing-89-2X, Sitting-82-2X, Kneeling-84-0X.

Last edited by cowboy4; 12-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 AM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPea View Post
Welcome to the fun corner of RFC, always happy to have new shooters. Do you think you could snag a picture of your target before handing it over at the league matches? Just a thought... the pics are more for bragging rights -- not like there are prizes associated with out scores.

As for Xs, no worries -- some of the targets that I shoot don't even have an x-ring on them!

Cheers!
Sorry for the late reply! I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We don't get to handle our match targets at all so even taking a pic is probably out of the question. I'm going to try to get out to the club tonight for practice and I'll ask what they do with the targets after a match. I should be able to post pics of my practice targets after practice tonight. It's my b-day today and I'm not sure yet if my wife has anything special planned or not. So I'm not positive I'll be going. Hopefully I'll get some practice time in before the next match either way.

Take care

Pat
Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
23's Dad
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Been Over the River and Through the Woods

Where there's no Wi-Fi!

Getting the rattle board updated now.

Sorry.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I'm getting better!

356 11X (96 6X prone, 89 2X sitting, 91 3X kneeling, 80 standing) PWNolan
Smallbore T-Class, Kimber 82G, Tasco 6-24X, CCI SV
50ft indoor, A-17

My scores are slowly improving despite my lack of time for practice at home these days. I'm still amazed at how important establishing a good position (NPA) and follow through are. I've shot informal rimfire benchrest for many years and good position and follow through are a product of good equipment (IMO) but with position shooting you really have to work at it to keep the POI in the 10 ring.

Hopefully, everything that I'm learning this winter will help improve my silhouette scores next summer. My CMP Rimfire Sporter scores should improve too.

Have a safe and happy New Year everyone!

Pat
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 PM
23's Dad
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thumbs up Happy 2012!!!

Great shooting and chatting with you all in 2011. I look forward to doing it again in 2012.

23's Dad
Closed Thread