Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Iowabill
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
86% (4)

Maybe instead of bashing the union you should take a look at the enviroment that has been created in this country by all the deregulation and free trade agreements thrown at them. The worst time of my life was under the Great Hero Ronnie Reagan and its been going downhill ever since. Maybe you should read the book The World is Flat. The biggest trouble we face is our concept of ME! ME! ME!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM
68driftr
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Uh HUM! Politics
Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
hey 68 don't you need to finish shovelin' that snow in the drive?
ain't no politikin' please.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM
bone12

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll give Derek credit.....

where credit is due. You are one of the few union guys that I know that will admit that the union is no good for you. Sure alot of the older guys will get into an uproar about this, but let's face it, times have changed. I can't speak for every union worker. local, or even every trade, but as a whole the unuion is there for the good of themselves, and not the workers. Tell me what the difference is between a union and a pimp? There isn't any. How many times while you are struggling to make it on unemployment have the BAs been laid off?

Unions were once full of hard working, extremely skilled craftsmen. They are what built this country. Now days it is full of people who are only there because there is no fight or applications to go through to draw extended unemployment. A friend of mine moved here (KY) from MO 19 months ago. He was drawing before he left MO, and just now after 19 months of living here had to transfer his unemployment to KY. Now he can draw another 99 weeks here. That's a total of almost 4 years. There are many grops of people who catch h**l for living off of the gov., but how come this group is never mentioned.

Once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone, just calling it the way I see it. I am self employed and have been for over 10 years. I have never seen work as slow as it has been for the last 6 months, but you can bet everyday that I'm not working I'm out looking for work (net checking the mailbox).
Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 PM
68driftr
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I was in a union once, They told us we would have Strike pay and all the other BS, So when we voted to Strike to get a better deal, They told us we would get 15$ a day if we manned the Line Had to say Goodbye
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 AM
TangoTwo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, I was in a union once too, for 22 years. They did not watch out for me either. Always amazed that unions will strike for weeks, loose a gazillion dollars in wages and settle for a nickle an hour more. I would take about 26 years to make up the lost wages! Union officers always got their pay during a strike though.

Ken
Old 01-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Let's not turn this into a political discussion or a discussion about unions. This was one man telling his bad news. Why he posted in this forum I dont know, it belongs in the Community forum. I will leave it here for the time being, though.

Don't turn it into something it didn't start out to be. And for pete's sake, people, can't you just be nice?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 AM
sharpshooter147

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Wish you the best but:

You have a job, they will pay fair market value they say. The positive side of it is new friends, hunting area's, new beginning. I have learned one thing in life for every one thing that has went bad, something good has came out down the road.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:31 AM
GR8SKP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry for your troubles. It makes a bitter pill to swallow when you see your life being affected by a stupid needless mistake. As someone who has recently had by-pass surgery and placed on long term disability with a 50% income, I empathize with you. There is a saying in the military that the two best assignments you ever have are the one you just left and the new one you are going to. You will make new friends. I just try to keep the big picture. There are others that are burying loved ones or bedside with a very sick child who would gladly trade for our problems. Good luck and God bless you and your family in your upcoming move.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
In case some of you are wondering why this thread is closed, the OP posted an extremely vitriolic attack on RFC and myself, complete with threats, which I have deleted. It was completely uncalled for, especially in light of the fact that I helped to keep his thread open.

I have PM'd him in case this was some sort of aberration due to his circumstances and the lateness of the hour at which he posted.

His reply, or other further action, will determine his status here at RFC. I have given him more chances than some, but we will not tolerate threats to ourselves or any of our users. There are lots of boards out there. If one is not a good fit, try another.But why try to ruin the experience for others? He states that he is a mod on some other board. I'm betting he would not allow the kind of backstabbing post that he is guilty of.

Just an FYI.
Closed Thread