Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 03:08 PM
King Ghidora
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Check his responses, he mentions that he had not received the trigger prior to initiating the second deal. At that time he had no idea the seller wasn't honest.
My bad. Glad they caught the scoundrel doing this stuff though if that was the guy.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 PM
tunni
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Scam

Interesting reading guys, it takes all kinds!! What I have learned from the deal. Do not pay for any firearm part with Paypal, that is what I did. I opened a complaint, then was told that if you even mention firearms to paypay they freeze your accout?? not sure about that--but decided not to try and find out. I just completed a purchase here for a Kimber of Oregon 82M for $1,150 ask Jim how that deal went. Here's what I have learned, don't use paypal, even if you call it descreate! Avoid doing anything with a classified site like Gun list, there is no control. Here it would be way embarrising to get a Negative. Just remember a guy can send you a rifle, illegally, and you receive it, it is on your front step, explain why it is not your fault--Just think about it. I know where Mr Patrick Walsh of Bolvire Mo lives, and he is not off the hook with me yet. But that is my problem and will handle. I feel at home here on RFC, thank you very much and have received some great help and made some friends. Anytime someone gets near Cheyenne Wy, call me 307-214 4720, we'll have lunch, coffee, and solve some of the world problems. Regards Ya'll Tunni (Bill)
Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Sheriff160
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Tunni,
Reading briefly through your posts, it is possible that the seller illegally attempted to send the firearm to you through the USPS. Random security scanning may have alerted on the package and the USPS seized the firearm. I would make contact with the US Postal Inspector in your area and provide them with all the information about the seller and transaction. I doubt you will ever see the firearm because it was seized as illegal contraband but, if the seller is charged with the crime you may be able to get restitution as a victim in case. It is certainly in your best interest to do something and not just blow it off.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
p_jackson

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Blanket Party

$465 buys a blanket party in my book. Sorry but most of the people I do business with are legit. Internet or face to face the same rules apply. Buyer beware and scammers do so at the rick of bodily, financial or legal harm.
Follow Sheriff160's advice. I'll bet he knows a thing or two about the law.
Pete
Old 01-23-2010, 04:05 PM
farkill

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
per p_jackson

Blanket Party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$465 buys a blanket party in my book. Sorry but most of the people I do business with are legit. Internet or face to face the same rules apply. Buyer beware and scammers do so at the rick of bodily, financial or legal harm.
Follow Sheriff160's advice. I'll bet he knows a thing or two about the law.
Pete

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, but what are you talking about when you say "blanket party" ...? The blanket party I know about is when you throw a blanket over someone , maybe tie a few ropes over it to keep them nice and still, and wear out the nearest broomhandle or coathanger or whatever on them. I think Willie Nelson used the phrase when talking about his wife the first time I heard it.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Hammer47
US Navy Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
87% (11)
I haven't heard the term BLANKET PARTY since the Navy in the late 60's. Sure takes me back. Thanx, I really needed to be reminded how old I am getting. For the uninitiated, a blanket party is when there is an offender [thief, scrounge, liar,etc] who needs reprimanded outside the normal chain of command. Just throw a blanket over him so he cannot identify the participants and beat the crap out of him. Works wonders especially when you are at sea because if this doesn't straighten the offender out there is always the possibility of going "over the rail" on a dark night. It's a real big black ocean out there when you are in the middle of it. If the screws don't get ya, the sharks prolly will. One party is usually sufficient to straighten the offender out. Justice can be swift when it needs to be. Naturally I NEVER participated in such a ritual, it's all just scuttlebutt ...---...

Last edited by Hammer47; 01-23-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM
tunni
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Scam

The guy used the Post office for the trigger, and I did receive that, even though it was a standard trigger and was supposed to get a Volquartsen, then he said he sent the rifle same way, no tracking info--if it did get picked up thru a scan or something, then maybe I will hear something someday. Here is a question though, I sent a rifle out yesterday thru the post office to a dealer, the name indicated it was a gun shop, but years ago I had a FFL, just in my own name--How would anyone know if I was a dealer or individual. Here is another issue, the three clerks there at the PO did not know you could send a rifle thru the mail--I actually had to educate them on the rules. I did finally manage to get them to take the package.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
MtStream

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
TPC Rating:
100% (3)

He's been with us awhile... don't think he's joined just to whine. I have heard of this type of scam happening before ... cut the guy some slack.

Tunni - report him. Tell the Post Office and the BATF what you've said here - the seller is a scammer commiting multiple offenses - if that firearm shows up at the PO or your door ...do NOT accept it! Report it!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:07 PM
MorlyKrupt

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunni View Post
-How would anyone know if I was a dealer or individual..
You can check the FFL # on the ATF website!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
GoneShootin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff160 View Post
Tunni,
Reading briefly through your posts, it is possible that the seller illegally attempted to send the firearm to you through the USPS. Random security scanning may have alerted on the package and the USPS seized the firearm. I would make contact with the US Postal Inspector in your area and provide them with all the information about the seller and transaction. I doubt you will ever see the firearm because it was seized as illegal contraband but, if the seller is charged with the crime you may be able to get restitution as a victim in case. It is certainly in your best interest to do something and not just blow it off.
I think this is your answer. +1
Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 PM
frog5215

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Several problems here:
Discrete PayPal- here's the tip off there's no recourse. If it's legit, why keep it a secret?

I don't deal a lot, but if they don't take a bank card, I like PMOs, mailed. Postmasters don't take kindly to fraud, and there's a measure of protection for both parties.

Guys who want to ship as "machine tools" or whatever are nuts. Why risk the whole deal (or jail) for a transfer fee? You want ME to lie to save YOU money? Not likely.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 PM
ksJoe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunni View Post
Do not pay for any firearm part with Paypal, that is what I did. I opened a complaint, then was told that if you even mention firearms to paypay they freeze your accout??
How was the paypal transaction funded?

It was a balance in your paypal account, you are at their mercy.

If it was a credit card, just call the credit card company, and have the charges removed. From what I've heard, paypall will send you an email requesting you go through them to resolve the problem next time. But you will have your money back. I've never seen a nice comment about paypals problem resolution.

The only thing linked to our paypal account is a credit card. Thats for a reason.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM
CajunBass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
I'd be willing to cut the OP some slack for getting scammed. Could happen to anybody I suppose. I'm not will to cut him any slack for blaming "Obama" for it, and not being willing to step forward and help stop him from doing it again. That puts them if not in the same boat, pretty close together on the creek IMHO.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
tunni

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Scam

Don't read more into the original post then there is, I did not intend to whinn, or ask for help, I simply intended it as a HEADS UP!! so maybe folks on this site avoid a loss. Sorry for the misconceptions, but I've been accused on this thread of whinning, running some kind of a scam myself, being a party to a illegal transaction, ( being critical of Obama, I'll accept that criticism}, forget, he still has some support, the rest, not so much. Think it time to just move on. thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Admin3

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I agree, it is time to move on. I am locking this but leaving it up until I hear positively that the information provided is untrue. I don't want to see anyone scammed, but as you can see by the way this thread has gone, we do not allow people to try to settle disputes on the forum. We also don't allow political comments. You cannot post personal information, like email addresses without the person's consent, so that will be removed. You can PM the OP for further info.

Some of you gripe about having your threads deleted. Just think about the way you phrase your posts. We have no way of telling if this is truth or scam in itself.

The most effective measure you can take is to consult law enforcement.
Closed Thread