NEW SMOS 22 Wholy Crap !!!!!! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 PM
ShelbyFan

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

As cool as they are, I would rather spend the money on an Anschutz or Cooper.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
usngunner
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I write it off as spam.

One post, the beeeatch is gushing over the rifle?

Give me a break.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Admin3
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x19 View Post
First post?

SPAM?

The rifle looks interesting, but I'd like to see a review from someone who posts regularly, rather than a drive-by sales pitch with lots of fantastic claims, but no substantive data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usngunner View Post
I write it off as spam.

One post, the beeeatch is gushing over the rifle?

Give me a break.
They are probably going to be signing up as a sponsor, that is if your welcoming attitudes don't put them off completely

If you have a problem with someone's post, notify us. Don't just run them off the board.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Doat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh yea, I'll buy a couple.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
mikengracie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
keepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobK View Post
TOOOO $$$$ for me , i did not spend that much for my last 3 guns combined !!
Ruger MKIII hunter . Marlin .17 HMR and my new Ruger SR22 . A Tactical Style gun does n't come to mind when i think of a gun that i would pass on now . But thats just me !!
Yea for us older guys or guys whose dad's gave them traditional firearms. But the newer generation has grown up on AK's and AR's and plenty of COOL looking tacticals of all kinds from pistols to shotguns. So the genre is changing. And the younger generation spends for the bling on tactical weapons most of thime exceeding the cost of the gun in extras. With a traditional revolver all we buy is ammo.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
dacaur

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawboy View Post
You don't want to see some of my rimfires then, lol. $1,200 ... seems I can't even get ANY gun speced out like I want amymore for much less than that. I mean, it just takes money to get things to where they are what you want.
What you just said is exactly what everyone is saying. Do you want to buy a $1200 gun, take off half the parts, then spend another $600 puting the "stuff you want" on it, or do you want to buy a $200-$500 gun, and then spend $600 putting the "stuff you want on it"?

If that gun has ALL of the stuff you want on it and nothing you dont, then its a GREAT deal, but seeing as I have yet to see two guns on the board that are EXACTLY the same... I'd say its overpriced
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I read about these somewhere and I liked what I read. These look to be quality builds.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin3 View Post
They are probably going to be signing up as a sponsor, that is if your welcoming attitudes don't put them off completely

If you have a problem with someone's post, notify us. Don't just run them off the board.
If the OP is the manufacturer, why the subterfuge of posting as a friend of an employee?

I have nothing against the product, but I am a wee bit suspicious why the OP's first, and every successive, post offer such glowing praise for an otherwise untested product?

Perhaps I'm just projecting a bad past experience (Skyy Marketing VP posting as a customer on the Kel-Tec Owners Group web site) on an innocent poster... but once bitten...

Last edited by 9x19; 01-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
drifterfisher

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
wow guys do yall really put that much money in to a gun ($1k+)?lets see ...humm... i have $175 in my 30/30 marlin 336, $95 in my 12g pump moss berg 500,traded a $125 mossberg 500 for my 10/22 plus $60 on the scope,and traded a $100 20g and $75 for my ruger securiy six 357 lets see thats $630 and the only one that gets shot much is the 22 cause ammo is so durn expensive and it gets bulk ammo for the most part,and i reload for the 30/30 and the 357,and that can get pricey to so they get to hunt but thats about it.
ps. i like to shop at the flea market and pawn shops,ive never had a new gun its kinda like a car buy it used and you get a better deal,btw my truck was $500 and done nothing to it for 3 years, 93 nissian pickup,29 miles to the gallon with the ac on
so to me i can buy a truck and four guns for the price of one gun,who got the better deal? and im not hating on the well off people just thought id tell ya how the poor folks do it
Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Not my thing at all... but one question everyone should always ask second (after how much $$) is... how does it shoot?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Beckett72

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
Not my thing at all... but one question everyone should always ask second (after how much $$) is... how does it shoot?
How much $$? More than most can afford, or want to spend; $1,250!
How does it shoot? Have to wait for the Black Dog Machine 50rd drum, first...