Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
BurninBrass
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red Dot suggestions for Single Six Hunter

Title pretty much says it all. I've got a .17 HMR 7.5" Stainless Single Six Hunter and I'm looking for a cheap, but decent, red dot optic for it. By the way, I mean cheap as in price, not quality. In other words, best sight for the money but I do not wish to spend more than half of what the gun cost me.

I would prefer something silver to match the pistol but that is not necessary. I have a TruGlo red/green 30mm that I like but the mount is too wide and would like something similar with the smaller sized clamp. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. And pictures are always encouraged!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM
paochow

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'd recommend an Ultra Dot. I've had one on my MKIII Hunter for a few years now and it still works great, and is still running on the original battery. The dot and glass is very clear and as I have the Match dot model you can select the dot size.

If you stick with a 1" tube you could use the factory Ruger rings, otherwise you could always order 30mm rings from Ruger.

I bought mine from Larry's guns....

http://www.larrysguns.com/Department...ot-Optics.aspx
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
wareagle

TPC Rating: 
83% (3)
Bushnell makes the exact same set under the name trophy dot or something like that. I have one on a SW mp15-22 and it works well.