Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 PM
rayjay

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
J&P Action Screw Product Idea

I just sent them an email with an idea. They should offer 'universal' 6mmX75 action screws for guys restocking Annies or Suhls. The shank could be about 3/4" and the threads about 3" and you cut them to the length you need.

Whaddya think ???

Ray
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
derekcasey
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
danged great ideal. i will be needing new action screws myself when i restock my suhl. others will as well. that might be a good thing. there was a guy who used to post on here that was a great shooter. i mean a danged fine shooter and gave his information freely that was going to start making action screws for suhls and annies. i haven't seen randy post on here for ever. he used used to drive 1000's of miles a year to shoot in matches, and he won them!!! randy come out and talk to us if you see this.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
rayjay

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
J&P replied to my email. They will make custom screws for the std price. I replied that I still think the Universal Action screw should be a std product so people would see it as a std item and know that it is available. The excess length is a good idea as a tinkerer could order a few and shorten them as needed. None of my BR rifles use a std screw length. Most of my screws end up much shorter due to the way I do the pillars.

http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product...roducts_id=156
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Prairiewalker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
J&P replied to my email. They will make custom screws for the std price. I replied that I still think the Universal Action screw should be a std product so people would see it as a std item and know that it is available. The excess length is a good idea as a tinkerer could order a few and shorten them as needed. None of my BR rifles use a std screw length. Most of my screws end up much shorter due to the way I do the pillars.

Absolutely!

If they offered the Universal Screw I would buy a couple of them and squirrel them away as insurance for whatever arises.

Like most great ideas it is so simple! So why did I not think of it?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
BrianJ
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Screws

This is a good idea and dates back to the 60's when Allen screws were just making a start in match rifles.
Another type screw would be interesting as well and that is the stud and barrel nut. I've used them since the 70's and like them better than screws in match rifles for two reasons.
1. You can't run into trouble by bottoming out a screw, the open ended allen nut allows for some excess length.
2. The same size allen, 1/4" is used on everything.

The stud is made with the receiver threads on one end and 1/4-28 on the opposite. 1/4-28 allen open ended nuts are available in many supply houses and are the same diameter as many screw heads, 3/8".

I wonder if J&P can do the studs? 6x.75 on one end and 1/4-28 on the opposite, 1/4-32 by 1/4-28 for win 52 and Sako thrd by 1/4-28

bjm

Last edited by BrianJ; 11-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 PM
sakopete
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hey guys, we have them for both the Anshutz and the Suhls and have had for quite a while. Check our website at these links:
http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product...roducts_id=152

Our 3.089'' shaft length square head Annie 6mm x.75 screw crosses over to the Suhl. Email us with your requirements and we will accommidate you. They are very nice screws. We can be best reached at:
[email protected]
Pete
Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
68driftr
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakopete View Post
Hey guys, we have them for both the Anshutz and the Suhls and have had for quite a while. Check our website at these links:
http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product...roducts_id=152

Our 3.089'' shaft length square head Annie 6mm x.75 screw crosses over to the Suhl. Email us with your requirements and we will accommidate you. They are very nice screws. We can be best reached at:
[email protected]
Pete
Pete do you have a length for Don Stith's stock's for the Suhl's?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
sakopete
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I am sure we do. If you can shoot me some shaft length measurements and head configuration I will let you know for sure. Please send to this email address:
[email protected]
Pete