Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
ek-marlin-424
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Allan's Armory 150-1

Well, I made a spur-of-the-moment decision and bought one.

http://www.allans-armory.com/aapictu...temId=181005RF

I'll probably have it in my hands in a couple weeks (I'll have it shipped to a hometown FFL).

I've done some reading about them already and my impression is that they have a fantastic trigger, but quality can vary. I still think it'll be a big step up from my current BR rifle (re-barreled Marlin 980S).

I think I'll re-finish the factory stock and go to work on a benchrest stock for this rifle.

Any good source for mounts for a 150-1? I was thinking BKL.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
singleshotcajun

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am about to install some Millet all steel Euro groove tall mounts on mine. The standard ones "fit" but not well. Both of mine measure .440 across the top of the dovetail and with standard Millet .22 rings there was big air gap between the ring base and the receiver. I will report on how the 11mm Euro groove rings mate up.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
pickles
US Marines Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Do a search for Ken Fulgrum, he makkes some nice rings for the Suhl. He is out of NC, I don't have his card with me and don't know when I will get back to SC.

pickles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
tom c.
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i bet don stith likes to read these threads like this one.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
ek-marlin-424

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek-marlin-424 View Post
I think I'll re-finish the factory stock and go to work on a benchrest stock for this rifle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom c. View Post
i bet don stith likes to read these threads like this one.
I'm not so sure about that... I'll be doing the stock work myself on this one (Sorry Don!). The BR stock will either be a walnut/CF laminate, or something with lighter wood. It'll depend on what the barreled action + scope weighs.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM
singleshotcajun

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshotcajun View Post
I am about to install some Millet all steel Euro groove tall mounts on mine. The standard ones "fit" but not well. Both of mine measure .440 across the top of the dovetail and with standard Millet .22 rings there was big air gap between the ring base and the receiver. I will report on how the 11mm Euro groove rings mate up.
I think Millet left out a machining step on the rings I received . There is no radius at all on the underside of the rings. They are 11mm wide but have no clearance to mate to the receiver. I'll have to send these back to SWFA and try again.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
ek-marlin-424

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I think I'm going to go with Burris Signature rings... easy stress free mounting and with the tall rings it's easy to keep your face off of the comb.

*Bore guide... If I looked at the info right after searching... a Hall bore guide from Sinclair's will fit the Suhl, right?

Last edited by ek-marlin-424; 11-04-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 AM
rayjay

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshotcajun View Post
I think Millet left out a machining step on the rings I received . There is no radius at all on the underside of the rings. They are 11mm wide but have no clearance to mate to the receiver. I'll have to send these back to SWFA and try again.
This is the same problem the Burris Signature rings have. They are designed to fit actions with a flat upper surface and the Annie's and Suhl's are round.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM
rayjay

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Kelbly's has their BR rings in stock to fit the Anschutz rifles. I would think they would work on a Suhl also. For my Hall I machined .035 off the bottom of some std Kebly's CF rings. I also had to mill off about .010 on each side of the slot in the bottom of the ring so the clamps would bear on the actual dovetail and not bottom out down in the root of the dovetail.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
ek-marlin-424

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Before I knew about the Suhls on sale, I bought a Leupold 36X. It arrived today... I think they'll be a perfect pair.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Keeley
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Burris with radius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
This is the same problem the Burris Signature rings have. They are designed to fit actions with a flat upper surface and the Annie's and Suhl's are round.
At one time Burris made those rings with a radius. I had The Optic Zone look through their inventory and they found a set for me that worked out great.

T