Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
FallRun
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can't Call Whittakers

Has anybody tried to get Whittaker Guns on the phone lately? I have been trying and the phone is ether busy or it just rings off the hook. Anyone know whats up with them?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Whistler
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a Guess?

Lots of snow and ice took electricity out in parts of KY! I will say they are hard to reach normally and when I call some days it takes forever. If you've ever been to the store and listen to the phone ring..........it's constant! Busy Busy place!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 AM
FallRun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your right! I forgot all about that ice storm. They even mentioned Owensboro on the news as being hit hard. Thanx for the reminder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Tony Mig
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They got caller I.D. Glenn, and knew it was you calling......

Now if you worked at Whittaker's and saw your number come up on the caller I.D. would you want to answer the phone......?????
Old 01-31-2009, 06:08 AM
FallRun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tone, to answer your question, yes, I would, I've been talking to myself ever since I met you. What's your point?...
Old 01-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Whistler
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On the News

The storms in W. Ky. were so bad they are sending some help down. Lots of people with no electricity thus no heat, phones, no food prep. etc. I guess kind of a door to door checkup and or rescue on everyone if needed!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 AM
MT64
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
One estimate was there were over 600,000 homes without power.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Tony Mig
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallRun View Post
Tone, to answer your question, yes, I would, I've been talking to myself ever since I met you. What's your point?...
I've witnessed you talking to yourself, so that was a dumb question......

The point I should have made was.....would you blame anyone else for not wanting to answer the phone.......

As for the conditions in Ky.....it's pretty bad there, and I certainly hope all those involved well. I feel for the elderly, and those with medial conditions who are totally dependent on electricity to survive. In the city that I work it's difficult enough keeping track of all those in need, but in rural areas with many homes tucked away in the woods it's got to be %%%% near impossible to tend to everyone's special needs.
No doubt all the police, fire fighters, and EMT's are working a lot of over time providing aid to those who need it, as are the linemen and other utility workers trying to restore power and services.

Depending on the track it takes, we are looking down the barrel of a nasty Nor'Easter that's supposed to hit us late Monday and Tuesday, if things are bad enough I may not be coming home Tuesday morning......
Old 02-04-2009, 01:46 AM
bbush

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ice storm

It's VERY bad around these parts, especially Grayson county, ( Leitchfield area ) and Central City area . We were lucky and got our power back on in 4 days, but some areas will be out till end of Feb. Looks like a tornado hit. For the local folks going to Whittakers or Uncle Lees is on back burner
Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
TLARbb
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
My prayers go out to all of those folks having such a hard time up there in KY. Ice like that is about as bad as it gets. Just the ice buildup on the lines alone is enough to take them out sometimes and when trees are near them, it's only worse.

EJ