Garrow Firearms Development 17hmr locked bolt gas operated AR upper - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Retief13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team17 View Post
Im a sponsored shooter for GFD and right now Mike Garrow (owner) is jammed up on BCGs. His BCG supplier backed out on him, so hes working on getting a new supplier right now. No ETA yet. I can post updates in the group as I hear, I talk with him almost daily. The problem is that he doesn't order multiple thousands at a time so hes considered a "small account" and gets pushed off for bigger customers. But, hopefully we can get a supplier that will only handle his special BCG's and not other companies. I will see if I can prod him into sending out updates. I'm trying to get him set up with a division of one of my other sponsors that does custom machining. Pray it works out, it would be exactly what GFD needs and a perfect fit.

Just like to get a reply from Mike about the AR-17 upper I ordered.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 PM
nexus99
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team17 View Post
Im a sponsored shooter for GFD and right now Mike Garrow (owner) is jammed up on BCGs. His BCG supplier backed out on him, so hes working on getting a new supplier right now. No ETA yet. I can post updates in the group as I hear, I talk with him almost daily. The problem is that he doesn't order multiple thousands at a time so hes considered a "small account" and gets pushed off for bigger customers. But, hopefully we can get a supplier that will only handle his special BCG's and not other companies. I will see if I can prod him into sending out updates. I'm trying to get him set up with a division of one of my other sponsors that does custom machining. Pray it works out, it would be exactly what GFD needs and a perfect fit.

Sorry Garrow is jammed up on BCGs, but that is no excuse for not responding to emails and voicemails. Garrow leaves his customers hanging for 3+ months with no comms, leaving us no option but to dispute charges with our credit card companies. That is abysmal customer service.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Retief13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the update. Let me know if anything changes. Kind of in a hard spot.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:10 PM
marv119
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has anyone heard anything from m
Mike as far as updates? I guess it has been well over 2 months since i ordered and i must say i am a bit concerned.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:35 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To have manufacturing problems is one thing, but to completely put your, paying, customers on ignore, is just a very poor business model and short of life threatening health issues, IMO, there is no good excuse for it.

This is very unfortunate to hear because it seemed like a very promising product and I would have considered an upper in 17 WSM if one was ever made, but now, I'd probably shy away.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Gobblerk5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have sent emails to two separate email addresses that I found for GFD and no response. I am very interested in purchasing one of the 17HMR mlok uppers...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 02:00 PM
marv119

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I ordered one 4 months ago and I am still waiting. If you are looking for a fast reply...good luck. It took 3 months to get a one line reply to my email. Calling doesn't work any better.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM
duckdvr26

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So i picked up one of these uppers used. I'm having an issue when you charge the upper and feels like the bolt is catching on the trigger hammer. I have just a standard mil spec trigger installed. I end up removing the upper and the bolt snaps back normally. It's definitely catching on something. Emailed Garrow about this but no response.

On a side note when I unpacked the upper from shipping and I forgot about the buffer spring and it got tossed in the trash with the box. I have a carbine buffer spring installed right now. I do have the plastic buffer. Everything is installed per the manual. Thinking this may have something to do with my issue.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with the bolt.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:18 PM
octanejunkie

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdvr26 View Post
So i picked up one of these uppers used. I'm having an issue when you charge the upper and feels like the bolt is catching on the trigger hammer. I have just a standard mil spec trigger installed. I end up removing the upper and the bolt snaps back normally. It's definitely catching on something. Emailed Garrow about this but no response.

On a side note when I unpacked the upper from shipping and I forgot about the buffer spring and it got tossed in the trash with the box. I have a carbine buffer spring installed right now. I do have the plastic buffer. Everything is installed per the manual. Thinking this may have something to do with my issue.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with the bolt.
The Garrow spring is shorter than stock.
Try clipping a coils off (one at a time) and make sure your carbine buffer is installed backwards in the tube, then the spring and then the plastic buffer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 05:08 PM
duckdvr26

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will give that a shot! Yes I have my carbine buffer then spring then the plastic Garrow buffer installed currently. Guess I will start with clipping coils! Thx for the info!
Old 10-16-2019, 09:06 AM
Rokcrln

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I ordered and received my purchase confirmation going on 6 months ago now. I still don’t have the upper, can’t get a response for months now and finally had to report him to my bank as fraud. If you know you have supply issues and can’t ship to paying customers you don’t take their money until you can deliver. Maybe you take 5-10% to hold a spot but 💯% and then nothing. As far as I’m concerned this is an act of theft, plain and simple.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:40 PM
marv119

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well i am at 5 months since i ordered. I just this morning started a credit card claim .I tried phone calls ,texts and email. Got a reply to a email 3 months after i sent it. I hope someone else ends up buying his pattent.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Gobblerk5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess I better forget that I ever saw this upper and move on to another 17HMR AR upper design/company to purchase from...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 12:47 PM
marv119

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was lucky because a real nice fellow sold me a nice used garrow upper. I would still like another tho. I would like one in 17wsm if it were ever become available.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:36 PM
Rokcrln

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I ever get the refund I’ll pick up an RPR 17HMR. I would of rather had this snapped on to my existing platform but I don’t see that happening.