Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Ross B.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Bar" 22

I was looking at one of these a couple of days ago, tube fed under the barrel. It was VG-EX in condition. What are these worth ? Are they good shooters ? Reliable ? I liked the way it felt, it had good heft to it.
If anyone has any hands on knowledge of these rifles it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ross
B.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
86% (9)
The ones I've been able to get my mitts on have always been fine, but I have seen post to the contrary, from some users.
They usually sell for about $350US in that condition , in my area.
If you decide to get it, and hunt it, slinging it is easy with an Uncle Mike's mag tube clamp Q.D. swivel base & something for the butt - either a screw-in eye or a lace-on strap.
Scoping's EZ, too - just don't have it D/T'd, like someone did on one I espied.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:31 AM
DavidB82

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one of the BAR 22s and I like it. It points well and I enjoy shooting it. The only problem I've ever had with it is that it will occationally have a problem feeding. But thanks to another poster on this board I was able to fix that pretty easily and now it works well. I'm not sure what they'd cost new since I got mine from my father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
TedW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had one briefly a little over 20 years ago. I loved the way it looked, felt, everything about it, except function. Mine jammed and failed to feed so frequently, it was a constant frustration. I so wanted that rifle to shoot, but I simply couldn't get through a full magazine without at least 1 malfunction. I honestly don't know whether or not it was capable of good accuracy, because I was always clearing jams. FWIW, my brother got one at the same time, and if anything, his malfunctioned more often than mine! A pity, as I thought they were nice looking, well-finished, sleek little rifles.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Passinby

TPC Rating: 
99% (69)
Send a message via Yahoo to Passinby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross B.
I was looking at one of these a couple of days ago, tube fed under the barrel. It was VG-EX in condition. What are these worth ? Are they good shooters ? Reliable ? I liked the way it felt, it had good heft to it.
If anyone has any hands on knowledge of these rifles it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ross
B.
I sold mine, which was pretty mint, last fall for $495 plus shipping off Gunbroker.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Passinby

TPC Rating: 
99% (69)
Send a message via Yahoo to Passinby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross B.

Thanks

Ross
B.
I sold mine, which was pretty mint, last fall for $495 plus shipping off Gunbroker. Those with the straight grip vs the pistol grip were more reliable feeders. They were shipped during the last two years of production.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
rdn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the straight grip model and have had no problems with function. Not a target gun but shoots quite well for a semi. Paid $300 CDN 2 years ago.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 AM
rooster-1961
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bar 22

I didn't even know Browning made a BAR 22. Could someone post a pic of the rifle?

Rob
Old 09-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Ross B.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info guys, I'm a little leary about it's functionality. The asking price on this rifle was $399.00 CN.

Ross B.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:00 PM
TedW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster-1961
I didn't even know Browning made a BAR 22. Could someone post a pic of the rifle?

Rob
Some pics of the straight grip model in this thread:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=141160
Old 09-17-2006, 01:03 AM
DavidB82

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a pic of mine.