Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Pat Miles
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
KK UIT Weak Ejection Problem

My new to me KK UIT seems to be suffering from weak ejection syndrome. No, I don't believe it has an enlarged prostate but rather a couple of other possible issues. Since buying, I have disassembled the bolt for a good cleaning and inspection. everything appeared in good condition. When re-installing the extractor the spring felt a bit mushy, yes it's a scientific description. I realize that a replacement spring is akin to a 3 eyed unicorn but has anybody chased down a spring that could fit as a replacement?
Second possible is the ejector rail which after all these years (barrel stamped 71) looks to be rounded off where the cartridge strikes it. I would like to inspect it more closely. Does the feed/ejector tray come out of the receiver? If so, how?
Any other thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat
Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 PM
patchett

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The loading tray which has the ejector in the upper rear is removable with a screw on the underside of the receiver. Screw is located immediately ahead of the forward trigger housing screw.
When reinstalling insert the bolt to align the tray with the bottom of the bolt to alleviate misalignment. Then fasten the tray with the retaining screw.

Extractors and springs may still be available from Earl's Repair Service

Last edited by patchett; 01-16-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:43 PM
Pat Miles

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thank you sir!
I'll check with Earl's tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2019, 06:38 AM
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
There are two different loading trays for the KKM. I just looked in my spare parts box, one is about 55mm, the other closer to 65mm.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Pat Miles

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
There are two different loading trays for the KKM. I just looked in my spare parts box, one is about 55mm, the other closer to 65mm.

Andy,
Thanks for the info and the pic.
Does the different length loading tray denote anything about a rifle (model, year of manufacture, etc.) or just a design change that came about?
I found a workaround for the extractor spring which I'll be trying today. The slide stop/thumb safety spring from a 1911/2011 pistol. A bit smaller in OD and needs to be cut back in length but the wire diameter is real close. I left it a couple of coils longer. I'll see if that helps the ejection issue.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Pat,

when you look closely, you will notice that the ridge that does the ejecting is on the left side on the short trays but on the right side of the long one. The long one will eject to the left.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Pat Miles

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
Pat,

when you look closely, you will notice that the ridge that does the ejecting is on the left side on the short trays but on the right side of the long one. The long one will eject to the left.
So the right hand eject version is obviously going to be the short tray. Walther made a KKMatch for southpaws? Whoda thunk? Scarcer than hens teeth!
Gotta wonder why the difference.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:37 PM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Miles View Post
So the right hand eject version is obviously going to be the short tray. Walther made a KKMatch for southpaws? Whoda thunk? Scarcer than hens teeth!
Gotta wonder why the difference.
I'm anxious to hear what Andy says. I'd be amazed if they made a left hand action unless very modern.

I think I've owned every left hand rifle they've made, and the LH aspect is the stock only.

Left hand ejection could be out of a port cut on both sides...Tom
Old 01-18-2019, 06:56 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Tom,

I have never seen a Walther left hand match action but just deducted that the ejector ridge on the right side of the loading tray would eject the rounds to the opposite side; to the left.

It might have been that Walther made a few left hand actions or that the port was cut low enough to eject to the left, as you mentioned. The length of this loading block and the shape in front and the rear is different. I had it in a KKM marked bag but do not remember when or how I got it. I noticed that the ejector was on the opposite site from the other three I have when I looked in my Walther parts box after reading Pat's post here.