Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Hyborn0000

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)
Which Walther Rifle

Not having much experience with walther rifles, which Walther 22lr rifle would you guys recommend looking into to obtain the utmost accuracy.
Thanks
Old 09-23-2018, 06:11 PM
410Jim
US Coast Guard Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Most accurate Walther Rifle

The most accurate would be a KK 500 which might cost you $6000.00. Real accurate for purposes of beating your buddies would be a Sportmodell V which can be bought at a somewhat more reasonable price.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 PM
Mark75H
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyborn0000 View Post
Not having much experience with walther rifles, which Walther 22lr rifle would you guys recommend looking into to obtain the utmost accuracy.
Thanks
Offhand or bench?

Off hand, the lighter KKJ Sporter would be preferred.

For bench, any KKM with the heavier profile has a good chance of shooting .5 moa with its favorite ammo. I tried to survey the various profiles, but there did not seem to be much interest in looking into the subject. Heavy and super heavy barrel profies are found on several KKM models in variation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Wahoo57
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
You will probably get the best accuracy from a single-shot target model but so much is dependent on your scope and ammunition and the individual's shooting skills that it would be foolish to say which rifle would be best. Starting with a KKM would be my suggestion. Of my five target Walthers , the most consistently accurate, but by only the narrowest of margins, is my UIT Spezial. I still treasure my first Walther, a KKM, whose accuracy left me hopelessly infected with WaltherFever.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyborn0000 View Post
Thanks
Your question implies that rifles within a model line shoot the same. They don't.

There are old light barreled models that out-shoot newer heavy barrel models and vice-versa.

Accuracy reported by others is only relevant if you're buying their rifle...Tom
Old 09-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Mark75H
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would challenge you to produce a light barrelled Walther that outshoots a UIT
Old 09-26-2018, 06:31 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
I would challenge you to produce a light barrelled Walther that outshoots a UIT
A difficult challenge, indeed, but without parsing TC's words perhaps that was not exactly what he was saying.

In any case, this thread is now three months old. The OP may have moved on.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:40 PM
CZ_islandguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 1967 KKJ-T shoots pretty well when I do my part. Factory Walther rear aperture sight, Anschutz Match 54 front globe sight using clear inserts, and a 0.5 diopter eagle eye. My usual ammo is CCI SV, weighed but not sorted by rim thickness. I use a Caldwell JR front rest, but no rear rest other than anchoring my (right) elbow on a thin sandbag and cradling the bottom of the buttstock between the thumb and index finger of my left hand. Here are a couple of NRA A-23 targets I shot at 50 yds this morning. Temp was 15C, winds calm, sunny and dry, ammo CCI SV weighed out to 51.3 grains. Also shot two other targets for a 98 and 99.

Last edited by CZ_islandguy; 10-19-2018 at 04:24 PM.