Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:55 PM
MrsShootingThing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ABRA 2019 Season

2019 starts our 5th year for ABRA. We are growing more and more every year, to continue this growth ABRA will be adding two Outlaw Classes. Heavy Barrel Bolt Gun and Lite Barrel Bolt Gun.
Heavy Barrel Bolt Gun will be from .850 and up, tuners one piece or two piece rest, no scope limitations.
Lite Barrel Bolt Gun will be .849 and down, no tuners allowed, one piece or two piece rest no scope limitations.
We would like to invite everybody to the ABRA family come and join us in 2019.
(We are always looking for Match Directors)

Old 01-01-2019, 06:31 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Lisa,
What other rules are involved in the bolt gun classes? Just from your first post, it sounds like an Unlimited rifle.....ARA/IR50-50 UL and 10.5/13.5 IR guns are legal. Classes only being independent on barrel diameter and tuner use. Same target and scoring system as the semi-auto classes? Can a club run only the bolt gun classes without having the semi-auto classes?

Please advise with more details. Thanks!
Scott
Old 01-01-2019, 08:32 PM
MrsShootingThing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Doclu60

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
Lisa,
What other rules are involved in the bolt gun classes? Just from your first post, it sounds like an Unlimited rifle.....ARA/IR50-50 UL and 10.5/13.5 IR guns are legal. Classes only being independent on barrel diameter and tuner use. Same target and scoring system as the semi-auto classes? Can a club run only the bolt gun classes without having the semi-auto classes?

Please advise with more details. Thanks!
Scott
Scott:

For the Outlaw Class you can shoot any .22lr Bolt Gun you choose the separation in class is the diameter of the barrel, and we are not allowing tuners in the lite barrel class.

It will be shot at 50 yards, 20 bulls and scores to the friendly side.
15 Minutes per target and maximum score of 200 (the same ABRA target) just like the Semi-Auto's.

We prefer that all classes of the ABRA be allowed to shoot.
We are a Semi-Auto Organization and are adding the two additional classes to bring more shooters to the bench. We do not want to leave anyone out that would like to shoot this game and our target.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 10:22 AM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Thanks for the reply Lisa. What is the time limit in the semi-auto classes? I thought it was 20 minutes, but could very well be wrong. I have not shot ABRA, as there is no place close to do so. I was leaning in that direction at one time, but took up bolt rifle matches because I have clubs close enough to compete. The situation is still the same in my area.

The reason I asked about running Outlaw without the semi-auto classes is it would be a good add on to a IR-UL / 3-gun SOTY match, or ARA UL match. More 'match' bang for the buck to those that travel a lengthy distance to shoot IR or ARA. Also more revenue for the club, possibly helping to insure easier match dates for some of the MD's that have to almost fight for range time at certain clubs to have a match. Also more revenue for you and Joe's sanctioning body. Just a thought to help promote more interest and opportunity in RFBR shooting. This could promote more targets shot during a season than say, the ARA having a Sporter class to try and get IR shooters to crossover. How well did that work?

Again, just a thought. Thanks.....Scott
Old 01-02-2019, 06:07 PM
scott1119
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Send a message via Yahoo to scott1119
I think this is a great thing
Old 02-21-2019, 01:19 PM
jpx2rk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lisa;

Where will the barrel on bolt guns be measured to determine whether HB or Lite classification??