Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

452’s in ARA

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Pipes1 
#1 · (Edited)
Are there any of you guys shooting in ARA Factory class with a CZ?
I’ll be shooting my first ARA match this weekend. I have a 457 MTR which is popular in the class, but I’m taking my best shooter, a 452 American. It’ll have to be in the factory stock which will be interesting. I think my biggest competition will be the 457’s that come in chassis and Manner’s stocks from the factory.

I’ll be shooting it for the first time in this configuration on Match day. It’s zeroed for Center X, but not for the lot I’ll be using. With this rifle in the Pro Varmint stock I have cleared two ARA factory targets, only missed one on the other one I shot. It’ll be a little more squirrely in the American stock though.

I don’t have a scope geared towards bench shooting, but this one has some magnification. I’m not too sure about the reticle though. I was looking for a higher magnification benchrest scope and run across this Athlon Cronus “open box” special. I really like my Midas Tac so I bought it.
I’ll be driving almost two hours to get there. It’ll be their club championship and there will be six cards. This will be a one time thing as they normally shoot on Saturdays and I work Saturdays. As long as I don’t come in last I’ll be happy. Any tips or suggestions for shooting ARA?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have shot two Arizona ARA club matches and the next one is tomorrow. Keep shooting like that and you will do fantastic!
The ARA website shows the rankings so you can get a good idea of what scores win both nationally and for the individual club you will be shooting with.
Best of luck and most of all, have fun.
Robert

Attachments

#10 ·
The rifles I see most are CZ's and Tikka T1X, 457 With the factory chassis and the Manners stocked version, and plain old T1X's, you will see several using bipods to. I have shot a few 2500's in a match, its harder than it looks but not impossible, I seen a T1X fire 4-2500's in a row in a match, and I am sure CZs have done similar, you will do fine I am sure, I only compete at one club so thats all I can add to this, and I havent got to compete this year due to a medical issue.

#3 ·
CZ Factory Class ARA Match

I shoot ARA Factory Class with my CZ 452 UL. My 452 American is a little better shooter but is no longer in a factory stock, so not eligible to compete. You are competitive with the CZ 457 MTR, which along with the Tikka T1X is my main competitor.

I have found that the ammo is the deciding factor, with some of my competition electing to shoot expensive Lapua ammo in the $25-$30 range per box. I won't spend that and shoot Center X when available.

My best score, not in a match is 2450, with SK Flat Nose. I use a 24x scope, 18x is just acceptable and 32x is preferred. Good luck, lots of fun.

#8 ·
I shoot ARA Factory Class with my CZ 452 UL. My 452 American is a little better shooter but is no longer in a factory stock, so not eligible to compete. You are competitive with the CZ 457 MTR, which along with the Tikka T1X is my main competitor.

I have found that the ammo is the deciding factor, with some of my competition electing to shoot expensive Lapua ammo in the $25-$30 range per box. I won't spend that and shoot Center X when available.

My best score, not in a match is 2450, with SK Flat Nose. I use a 24x scope, 18x is just acceptable and 32x is preferred. Good luck, lots of fun.
It's only three screws to change stocks, just saying. I have Lapua testing center lot tested Center X, but it's only equal to the best lots that I have found on my own, nothing special. I have some Standard Plus that out shoots it at 100 yards, but Indont want any flier surprises that haven't revealed themselves yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.