Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Blew up my gun today...

11K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  Rosscoe 
#1 ·
CZ 452 shooting Hornady ammo. First 3 shots were fine, 4th didn’t go off so I chambered and fired another round. Well, I should have been paying more attention. 4th round shoved the bullet into the rifling. All I heard was the click and didn’t bother looking at the round when I ejected it. Stupid me and I take the blame for it. 5th round blew the magazine apart and the firing pin and spring out of the gun. What makes me mad though (at myself) is that I have boatloads of Eley and was only shooting the Hornady to use it up. I had 100 rounds of it. Was mad enough to throw all 95 left into the creek next to the shooting bench. I wouldn’t feel right about selling that crap to somebody so I chucked it.

Now I have a magazine to buy and gun to fix because I didn’t want some ammo to go to waste...

Bryan

#37 ·
I am glad that you came out well. I had a just gotten a used gun and surprisingly had it checked out by a gunsmith--something I never do. After passing the vetting, the gun came apart after 3 shots--barrel splitting, magazine components trashed bolt frozen, stock cracked and a gorgeous prewar Mauser was a total loss. I just had a few splinters in my hand and some marks on my face outside of the coverage of my glasses. It was a 9.3x64 that had originally been a 9.3x62.

#41 ·

I feel your pain. I did this a little while ago. It's the cylinder from my S&W 929. Best we can figure out is that it was a double charge.

I sent it back to S&W to see if they could fix it knowing it was beyond repair and they offered me a new gun at a very good price ( dealer's cost ) so I ended up buying a new one.

Hope you get yours straightened out. When you find a gun that fits you you want to keep shooting it.

Good Luck and Good Shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.